is the link for the Canon website for your product. If you click on the support tab you can put in a question to help you resolve problems.
Here is what I found:
This printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer.
Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. At this point, printing is still possible.
Press the <Stop/Reset> button to cancel the error. You will still be able to print for a short period. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.Canon recommends
having the printer serviced before the absorber becomes full. "We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair. Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Be aware that if you attempt this procedure, it is at your own risk."
I have found out how to reset the counter :-
1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button.
(DO NOT release the buttons. The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)
4) When the Power LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button FOUR times
5) Press the Power button to turn the printer off.
This should reset the counter.
Hope that will help you.