There may be a couple of reasons why a NO DISC , DISC ERROR or INSERT DISC error may appear in the display of your CD player. Try doing the following steps to troubleshoot why the error is displayed:
- For disc players with a HOLD switch, make sure to move the switch to the OFF position.
- Verify that the disc being used is supported by the CD player. NOTE: CD players do not support VCD or DVD discs. In addition, some CD players do not support CD-R or CD-RW discs that are created by a CD burner. For information regarding disc compatibility with your player, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product
- Ensure a disc has been inserted into the player. Make sure that the disc is inserted correctly, with the playback side of the disc facing down on the disc tray.
- If the disc still does not play, attempt to play a different, commercially-produced disc.
- NOTE: If more than one of the commercially-produced discs do not play, verify whether the discs are extended-length discs. Some players are not able to play discs where the recording exceeds the standard 74 minutes. If the recording of the disc is longer than 74 minutes, it is possible that some of the specifications of that disc were compromised and therefore, the CD player will not recognize that disc.
- If the disc is dirty with fingerprints or smudges, or if the disc is scratched or broken, the CD player may not recognize the disc.Clean the disc using a soft, dry cloth.
- Properly reinsert the disc into the player.
- Attempt to play the disc again.
- Only press the PLAY button once. If the PLAY button is pressed more than once, the disc may stop playing.
- If the disc is still not recognized, remove the disc and leave the CD player powered on for approximately one hour to resolve the possibility of moisture condensation inside the player.
- Please use a Lens Cleaning disc and check if that helps.
If the issue persists, please click hear to locate the repair facility near your area.
Thanks for understanding. Please let me know if you require any clarifications.