I have installed the DP-301U. When printing from my laptop, I can see the documents in the print server (by connecting directly to the print server and clicking system > network).
However, the documents are not being released to the printer. I amn using a HP 1020 (not on the compatability list).
Have I missed a step? If not a compatible printer, is there any work-around, like installing a similar printer, or should I just return the unit?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks. My laptop can see the print server, as I see all my documents in the queue. (and I can also successfully ping the print server).
It appears the HP LaserJet 1020 is just not supported... Looks like a return is in my future.
How to check the print server is in the wireless network or not!!
Check under the Router Setup page Router's ip address...
Check if you are able to ping the Print Server Ip address....Since it the router will assign a ip address from DHCP range..
If you are able to ping the router's ip address and the print server ip address then the print server is in the Wireless LAN...
Try the following steps.
1. Go to run and type "cmd" press enter
2. type ipconfig.
3. Check the range of ip address...if its 192.168.0.XX
4. Try pinging that ip address..
5. If able to ping the router and print server.. Then the wireless network is fine...
Somehow some of the printer's don't work with some of the print servers.. Check if D-link does support the printer or not!!!! for this particular model of the router...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Print Server doesnt require driver. Connect the printer to the computer directly and check if it is printing. The drivers for the printer will be loaded and you will be able to print. Then connect the printer to Print server and you will be able to print. If it is still not printing, you have to create an LPR port for the printer driver
i got my dp-301u to work fine with my hp1020 on 2 different
workstations with the following steps.
1. install printer locally via usb and test. 2. create a second printer as per the dlink manual creating a port. don't worry about the name as we will delete it. 3.
once created go into the properties of the 2nd printer and change the
port to something local - anything will do to free up the port. 4. go into the properties of the printer that was created in step 1. and change the port to that of the print server. 5. test print. should work fine.
Check and see if the drivers are installed correctly and configured on both pc's.Then see if the printer is installed and that sharing is enabled on the network. Mike [email protected] let me know when you complete these steps and if it worked.
This unit does NOT officially support Samsung printers... but it will allow printing with some. It does NOT support multi-function printers features like scanning for any brand of multi-function printers.
1. Set up your print server with an IP address. 2. Ping your printer IP address. 3. If successful, Add printer wizard. Create a new port, Make it TCP/IP port. Put the IP address in the IP address field. Click next and Use Generic 9XXX Raw. 4. Install the driver provided by the manufacturer for your printer and assign it to the Network port. 5. Print.