Remote ring detection provides a low tone * triple beep in your
wireless headset when you receive an incoming call. This feature
requires a handset lifter accessory, such as the Plantronics HL1
. If you do have a handset lifter but do not hear the remote ring detection, please check the following:
- Check the placement of the lifter. - Make sure the handset lifter positioned directly over the phone's speaker.
Try adjusting the phone's ringer volume. If the phone's ringer is too
quiet, it may not trigger the ring detection built into the lifter. Try
turning up the ringer volume of your phone.
- Check the
ring tone of the phone. - If your phone's ring tone provides short
beeps or plays music, the lifter's microphone may not detect it. Try
switching your ring tone to a traditional ring or long beep.
Does the phone have different rings? - For example internal calls vs
external calls vs transferred calls. Does the phone ring the same for
each type of these calls. If so try changing so all calls use the same
- Attach the optional "external ring detector"
cable. This cable plugs into the lifter and provides a small, black
microphone. It is included in the plastic bag of lifter accessories.
Mount the microphone near your telephone's speaker. Click here for more
- There are 2 versions of the Lifter accessory
- HL10 and HL1. The HL1 is a larger older version of the liter with a
more sensitive rind detector. Some phones will require the older
version of the lifter.
- Please view the On Line Compatibility Guide to see if the older version (HL1) will be required for your phone.
*Please note the volume of notification beep in the headset cannot be altered, it will always be a low tone triple beep .