Question about Panasonic KX-FP85 Plain Paper Thermal transfer Fax
I recently tried to setup my fax machine. I plugged in the power cable & I detached my home telephone line & plugged it at the back of the fax machine. I turned it on & it became on. On the screen, it reads: Check Film. So I am not sure where to touch as I don't wanna do anything stupid. Can you give me a solution(s) to what might be the problem here.
This machine uses carbon film instead of toner (for laser machines) or ink (for inkjet machines) for printing. It's telling you that either there's no carbon film in the machine, or it's ran out. It sounds like you'll be better off to take the machine to an office equipment place and ask if they could suplly the film and be kind enough to show you how to install it into the machine.
Posted on May 29, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
However under rare conditions incompatibility between the two machines may cause the remote machine to simply get this code.
Try these steps...
1. Press setup, and then go to TOOLS.
2. Press okay on TOOLS, then look for RUN FAX TEST. Then press okay.
3. It will print a fax test page. Check if everything passed.
4. If it passed everything, try to press setup again, and then go to ADVANCE FAX SETUP.
5. Scroll, down and look for ECM (Error correction mode), then press okay
6. Under ECM you will have to options "ON or OFF" try to choose OFF then press OKAY.
7. Now, try sending a fax.
Also you can try to reset the printer.
1. Take out the cartridges from the unit .
2. Make sure the unit is connected to the wall jack directly without any surge protector.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the unit ( without turning off the unit ) .
4. Now press the # and 6 key together , while holding these keys down plug in the power cord back into the unit .
5. Do not release the keys after a few seconds you will find the hp logo or bars moving across the screen .wait while the unit turns off.
6. After one minute turn on the printer . It will go into alignment phase > let it finish .
7. After its done > try to make a copy .
Note - you can also try the OK and CANCEL key combination in place of # and 6
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: