Question about Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Recorder
I was watching a programme I'd recorded in chasing play when it froze part way through recording. Since then it won't record using any method (direct record, timer record or videoplus). When I try to record using timer record, it turns on at the correct time but then immediately says 'bye' and switches off. When I check on the Timer Programme List screen I get an 'F' icon on the left of the listing which the manual says means the disc is full or the maximum number of programmes was reached so the programme failed to record. Neither reasons is correct as I have tried using new discs as well as completely erased discs and have completely cleared the timer recording programme. I have also tried unplugging it for several hours all to no avail. Please could someone help with this problem. Thanks.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need a special remote, there are no codes. Have a google for "panasonic region free" and you'll see what I mean. I have the same model and had to take to a dealer to unlock for me. Panasonic are a bit unfriendly about unlocking dvds as I think they are part of the whole DVD organisation. there are ways to do it with a Palm device or something like it (even a pc with IR port) but it is tricky. You can also rent a suitable remote for about £20 I think, again google it and you'll find companies that offer that.
Hope that help, though I guess you may have sorted it by now as you posted about 6 months ago,
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
1) Put a compatible DVD in the tray. (I have noticed that I must format DVD+R discs, but others are formatted okay for recording -- such as DVD-R and DVD RW)
2) Close the tray.
3) Make sure the player is set to HDD and not to DVD. It will indicate HDD, DVD, or SD on the LCD screen.
4) Using the remote press the "functions" button.
5) Select "copy" from the menu when it appears.
6) You will now see the list of programs you have recorded to the HDD. Highlight the one you want to copy and press "Enter" on the remote.
7) I think there are two confirmation screens that come up, press start or continue or whatever it says.
8) My recorder generally takes about 14 minutes at high speed to copy a two-hour program. If the program is longer than 2- hours, you must divide it into tow or more shorter segments for more than one DVD.
9) If you want to select several shorter programs (not to exceed 2-hours combined) highlight the programs individually pressing the PAUSE button on the remote. This places a check mark next to each of the programs. When you finish, press the enter button on the remote and go through the confirmations screens again.
10) If the DVD is nor rewritable, it will automatically run the "finalize" program. It takes about 3 minutes and runs after recording. This formats the DVD so that it can be played in non-Panasonic players. If it is a DVD-RW, they you must finalize it manually if you want to watch it on other types of players.
Hope this helps,
Posted on Jul 22, 2008
You will have to contact Panasonic's customer support for this information. Here is their contact information. I hope this information help you with your problem. Accessories; or make Customer Service and Literature requests by visiting our Web Site at: http://www.panasonic.com/support or, contact us via the web at: http://www.panasonic.com/contactinfo You may also contact us directly at: 1-800-211-PANA (7262), Monday-Friday 9 am-9 pm; Saturday-Sunday 10 am-7 pm, EST. For hearing or speech impaired TTY users, TTY : 1-877-833-8855 Accessory Purchases Purchase Parts, Accessories and Instruction Books online for all Panasonic Products by visiting our Web Site at: http://www.pasc.panasonic.com or, send your request by E-mail to: [email protected] You may also contact us directly at: 1-800-332-5368 (Phone) 1-800-237-9080 (Fax Only) (Monday ? Friday 9 am to 8 pm, EST.) Panasonic Services Company 20421 84th Avenue South, Kent, WA 98032 (We Accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, and Personal Checks) I hope this helps you with your problem.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
On your machine or on the r/control you should have a copy button,if you press this you should get a menu come up on screen.It should ask you which way you want to copy,so you will go HDD-DVD-R,then press copy again and it should do it automatic,hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2010 | Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Recorder
Aug 17, 2009 | Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Recorder
Aug 31, 2008 | Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Recorder
Aug 08, 2008 | Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Recorder
Dec 21, 2017 | Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Recorder
Dec 29, 2007 | Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Recorder
May 15, 2007 | Panasonic DMR-ES30VS DVD Recorder/VCR
Dec 03, 2006 | Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Recorder
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!