I have strange problem -
When i connect my ADVC 110 device to my computer
it doen't working but when i connect it to my friend computer, it works
i think the problem is with my windows
or something with my bios
Is somebody knows?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How did You connect Canopus? Canopus has 2 Firewire slots - on the back and on the front.
If You connect FW cable to a front slot, then, Canopus will not work. Only with external power supply. I´m offering the next proceeding:
1. Connect ADVC with FW cable 6 to 4 to Your macbook via back FW slot. The ADVC lights will now on. On front panel by default light is on mode "digital". If the light don't work - it's a Canopus problem. If light is up and working, then next step.
2. Go to apple menu-about this mac - more info - firewire. You MUST see here Your Canopus a a device. If so, go to the next step.
3. Connect Your VCR to analog inputs, on the front panel of Canopus.
4. Run FCE. If it says "apple firewire device is missing" then is something wrong with Canopus. If not, proceed to next step.
5. On the top of the front panel of Canopus, press button. The light changes from digital to analogue.
6. Press apple+8, then capture settings. Set the firewire device as uncontrollable device. Make sure that in capture window is "vtr ok". Turn the VCR on
7. Press the play button on capture window. In the window appears the screen of Your VCR. Then press play on VCR and then "capture now" on capture panel. Voila! Must to work.
Canopus customer support just wrote me back with the bad news:
"If all 3 lights are on, then the unit has failed. We no longer manufacture or repair ADVC 100's (they are almost 7 years old now). You would need to purchase the newer ADVC 110 as a replacement."
Not having camcorder control is normal, as the ADVC110 doesn't translate DV (AV/C) control to anything else. It just accepts and replies to deck control commands so the capture application doesn't get stuck waiting for a response.
First off, make sure you only have the ADVC110, your VCR, and your computer connected. No other Firewire devices.
Be sure your have the output from your VCR connected to the ADVC's input. Connect your VCR's output to your TV. You should see in iMovie the same image you see on your TV, slightly delayed.
May i suggest that if the Canopus is stuck and both lights are on it may well be faulty but try this first.
slowly insert the fire wire into the back of the Canopus slowly does it when one light comes on stop inserting the fire wire and press input select till the lighth moves to the other side in my experiance digital to anolog,this may take a fiew goes and seem primative but it has worked for me and then eventialy the canopus corrects its self if this has been helpful please put a pound in the charity box of your choice and email [email protected] just to let me know good luck bye.