The temperature led is flashing whatever number I set the freezer to and the alarm led is flashing red and bleeping.
It has been doing this for 10 hours but the freezer does not seem to be defrosting (luckily). The beeping and flashing started when I restored power after the RCD tripped.
Before that the temperature led said either ER or EC (cant remember which) for a while.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Warning light (red)
If the temperature warning light (4) lights up, it
indicates that the temperature within the freezer has
reached a level where the safe food storage is no
longer ensured. When the freezer is first switched on, the warning light will stay on until the temperature has dropped to
a safe level for the storage of frozen food.
Temperature acoustic alarm
This appliance incorporates an alarm which gives off
an audible signal whenever the warning light comes
on. This signal can be temporarily stopped by
depressing the push button for fast-freezing (6).
The fast-freezing push button can be released as
soon as the warning light is off.
Open door acoustic alarm
This appliance also incorporates an alarm which
sounds if the door is left open for more than 60
seconds. The signal will be stopped when the door is
Because it does not achieve the correct temperature (for example: -18 degrees centigrade).
For a more precise answer I need more information.
A lot of things may be incorrect:
- Doesn't work defrosting cycle
- The cooling fan is not working
- Too much ice on the evaporator battery
- Faulty thermostat or NTC sensor
- Faulty cooling system (gas leak)
Good Morning Friend, thank you for allowing me to assist you!
Did your freezer previously experience a power loss? If the temperature of food rises to an unsafe level, the buzzer will sound and the red light, if equipped, will also glow. First, deactivate the alarm to your freezer by unplugging it or flipping the household circuit breaker. It is good to wait approximately ten minutes and then turn on your freezer. After deactivating the alarm and your freezer has run approximately four hours, the red light/alarm should go off on its own. If the red light/alarm continues to stay on, your freezer may possibly have a communication problem with the control board, temperature control or a wiring harness. If this is the case, I would recommend connecting with an experienced technician to determine the underlying cause. - Z
Under normal operating conditions, the internal
temperature of the freezer will ensure the longterm
conservation of the stored food.
When such temperature rises above a certain
level (-12 °C), the appliance will trigger an
acoustic and light alarm. The light alarm is a
blink red light (Red Alarm Indicator Light), while
the acoustic alarm is an intermittent sound.
You can stop the acoustic alarm by pressing
the Acoustic Signal Stop Switch once.
When switching on the freezer for the first
time, the Red Alarm Indicator Light will
blink until the internal temperature has reached
a level required for the safe conservation of frozen
Starting the Appliance
Insert the plug into the wall socket. The green pilot light will illuminate to show that the appliance is switched on. The red alarm light will also illuminate until the freezer reaches the correct temperature.
The red alarm light will illuminate when the temperature in the freezer is higher than the thermostat setting. This alarm light will illuminate if:
- The appliance has just been started.
- Fresh food has been put in the freezer.
- The lid has been left open, opened frequently or open for too long.
The red light will go out when the freezer has returned to the correct temperature
Red Alarm Indicator Light
Under normal operating conditions, the internal temperature of the freezer will ensure the long-term conservation of the stored food. When such temperature rises above a certain level (-12 °C), the appliance will trigger an acoustic and light alarm. The light alarm is a blink red light (Red Alarm Indicator Light), while the acoustic alarm is an intermittent sound.
You can stop the acoustic alarm by pressing the Acoustic Signal Stop Switch once.
When switching on the freezer for the first time, the Red Alarm Indicator Light will blink until the internal temperature has reached a level required for the safe conservation of frozen food.
Fast Freeze function
If more than 3-4 kg of food is to be frozen:
1. Press the Fast Freeze Switch for 2-3 seconds to activate the fast-freeze function 6-24 hours before placing the fresh food in the freezer, the Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator Light will illuminate. The compressor will now run continuously, to ensure that the fresh food is frozen as quickly as possible.
2. It is possible to deactivate the function at any time by pressing the Fast Freeze Switch for 2-3 seconds.
3. Place the foods in the freezing compartments (indicated with graphics).
4. Once the food is completely frozen (it may take up to 24 hours) you can manually switch off the fastfreeze function by pressing the Fast Freeze Switch for 2- 3 seconds and the Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator light will also go out.
5. Move frozen food from the freezing compartments into the other compartments (storing compartments) to make room for another freezing.
If the Fast Freeze Switch is accidentally left on, the fast-freeze function will be automatically switched off 48 hours later. The Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator light will also go out.
I believe that you all understand. If you intend to freeze larger amount of food then certainly a few hours before some shopping switch on the fast freeze function.
Kenmore Frostless Upright freezer model# 23971. The alarm sounded, all contents in freezer is frozen solid. We turned the alarm off, but the red light continues to blink. How do you reset the alarm and stop the red light from flashing? It has been 3 days now and every time we have check to see if the contents has started to defrost, there is no signs of defrosting, everything inside of the freezer remains frozen solid.