My camera on my razr phone will not work. when i press camera the screen turns black & then a box appears and says "busy, try again later" and when i press video camera it says "system error"..i have tried pressing the button with the camera and have tried going through the menu to the camera, i have also tried holding down the small smart buttons on the side as someone has suggested and it still doesnt work....could it be that i am not suscribed for a camera on my phone by my provider? or does that matter?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: camera not working
Ok Easy fixes,
I keep saying these SIMPLE things to fix your phone. So, you don't need to post a problem until you have tried these first.
1. Master Clear/Reset, This will get rid of recent problem on a phone that was working until a setting was changed or a new file was put on.
2. Upgrade your Software at motorola.com.. This is free as long as you have a data cable for your phone. You can buy these online but if you have a razor or KRZR, or RIZR, or any of the newer Motorola phones you can use ANY mini usb cable and get them at Wal Mart for 5 bucks!!
3. Replace your Battery! Motorola has a problem with their batteries. DO NOT leave your phone charging all night long. This WILL KILL it faster than anything, unless you have a charger that senses when the battery is full and stops charging (look for an IC smartchip). This will fix the VAST majority of LCD problems.
4. DON'T DROP YOUR PHONE, these are fragile electronic devices that should be treated as such. You wouldn't be so careless with your laptop well, Your phone is getting right up there with it. I know some people who are on their 5th or 6th razor in only a few months then some who've had it for years with no troubles.
5. Prevention. Don't download just anything you find for your phone online to your phone. BIG NO NO, Get a good carrying case. DON'T just leave it on your lap while your driving cause you get out and it's on the ground RIGHT!! Bluetooth is an amazing invention use it your phone will stay safefly tucked away and you can hear with them better anyway (if you don't have a motorola bluetooth that is LOL) Also, a clip over protective case does help a lot. I know they look pretty or stupid but at least get a clear one!!!
After all this if you STILL have a problem then you can post.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
do a master reset press the menu button go down the left hit the middle buton then go down 5 select...then go up twice select the put in ur security code if u havent changed it it is 000000 hit the top right buttton twice and jus wait for a minute it should work and dont worry nothing wi be erased
Try the phone while plugged in and see what happens. If it works fine then it's probably the battery or the contacts to the battery. I've had a problem with my razr that's similar to this. My razr is on the keys light up when i press something but the screen is completely blank open and closed and all the buttons work. Best thing to try is leave out with battery and sim card out and it might start working again. However if it is only 2 months old it should still be covered under warranty.
the easiest thing tpo do here is take it to a professional but if you want to try updating your software off the Motorola website. (this require a data cable or bluetooth in your computer) This fixes a lot of software problems with the razor. If this doesn't work then you will have to reflash your Firmware which is like the Windows Xp of the phone. This does require a professional as it can destroy the phone
Have u tried using the smart keys @ the side of the model? (The small 1 contols the camera)
I am not sure it will help, but it is worth a try. Also try closing the phone and holding the small smart key down for 5 seconds. The camera should appear. Sorry if it doesn't work!!!