An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: floor cleaner in jet dry resevoir
If you run the dishwasher it will produce suds coming out the door.You can take the door off and clean it all out.
One remedy is to add a gallon of vinegar to react with the soap and prevent foaming, another solution is to add cooking oil.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Use a shop vac and suck it all out. Then, spray some Pam-type cooking spray grease into the jet dry reservoir and then, A) start a normal wash cycle and stop it a few minutes after it starts the spray action. Then, open the door and look for suds. B) If you see suds, spray them with Pam spray to knock them down and then C) cancel the wash to drain it out. Repeat ABC until all the suds are gone.
Then, whatever you do, DON'T put dish soap in the jet dry reservoir again!
Did your Jet Clean System used to work, but now rejects the razor and flashes a red indicator that your reservoir is empty when it is not?
The reason is that the liquid level sensor is full of gunk (you don't want to know what the gunk is made of). You can easily clean this yourself and restore normal operation. Here's how:
1. Remove the razor and reservoir. Leave it plugged in.
2. Press the start button and when the holder hits the bottom and stops, immediately pull the plug before it comes back up.
3. Turn the unit over and clean off the gunk you can see with a Q-Tip.
4. Fill the cleaned reservoir beyond the line (almost to the top) with hottest tap water and place it on a towel on your counter.
5. Mix in 1/8 teaspoon of dishwasher detergent. Do not use Dawn or other dish detergent. It must be the typeyou use in your dishwasher! (Trust me on this).
6. Lower the unit onto the reservoir and let it soak for at least 20 minutes.
7. Hold the reservoir down on the towel by depressing the release buttons and pull and put the cleaning unit in and out of the reservoir 20 or more times to flush out the crud.
8. Refill the reservoir with clean, hot water and do the pull - push trick again many times. Rinse and refill the reservoir with hot water and do this again 2 more times until the water is clear and there is no debris to be seen in the water.
9. Remove the reservoir and allow the cleaner to dry thoroughly. Depending on the humidity where you do this, drying can take from several hours to an entire day. A hair dryer on the part you cleaned with the Q-Tip may help, but time will still be needed.
10. Assemble and try it. It should work like new. If it does not work properly, (mine acted like it was jammed) don't worry, it is likely not completely dry inside. Remove the reservoir and wait for it to completely dry before trying again.
Thanks for your question.
You may have a couple of problems, first if you are using jet dry it is a surfactant. Which means that it places a small amount of a chemical on you dishes to keep them from spotting. If your dishwasher is releasing to much this will cause a white coating on dishes. In the loading area for you jet dry or liquid spot rinse there should be a knob that is marked from 1-5 or so. First turn this dial all the way down to 1. This will reduce the amount of jet dry released. Then monitor the amount of jet dry that you are going through. You should be able to get about 60 loads from a small bottle of jet dry. The other problem may be that you have washed a item that was not dishwasher safe, like a plastic bowl or such. Some of these items will leech the pigment into your dishwasher and then onto you dishes. I might suggest that you purchase some dishwasher cleaner from you local Store. Walmart and most box stores carry this in the same section that you purchase your detergent. You will need to empty the dishwasher, following the instructions on the cleaner insert into your dishwasher. Then run it through a complete cycle.
After attempting these items please let me know if you still have an issue, but I am almost certain that you will have corrected the problem.
Thanks D.R. Wilkins
first thing you need to do is purchase a bottle of dishwaser cleaner from your groc store in the diswasher detergent section red the instructions on the label add it to the cutlery tray in an empty dishwasher upside down remove the paper seal off the top of the lid do not remove the wax seal place the bottle upside down in your dishwasher turn on hot water tap and run till it is hot next turn on your washer set it to wasn and let it run a full cycle. when washer finishes open it up when it cools and fill rinse dispenser in door with a good quality rinse agent like jet dry close dispenser and when dishwaser is full of dirty dishes turn it on the jet dry will make your galsses come out crystal clear w no film and the dishwaher cleaner will help all your dishes come cleaner.Use the dishwasher cleaner aroun 4-6 wekks it cleans all the inside of the dishwasher and removes a lot of **** aND RESIDUE THAT ACCUMULATES IN DISHWASHERS OVER TIME
One typically removes the jet dry reservoir from the door assembly and flushes the detergent out at the sink. Do take care to remove all the detergent though, residual detergent on wares which is ingested can cause diarreah (or worse).
I'm sorry, I don't have a diagram for this particular machine, but I believe it should be relatively simple to remove the inner-door lining to expose the reservoir.
Open the cover on the place where you put
the soap. There you should see a round piece that you turn and pull out fill the reservoir with jet dry. Once it's filled put the plug back in it should be good for 30 washes. Most have a sight glass that will turn from green when full and clear when empty jet dry will help.