Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

Question about Gateway FPD1810 18.1" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

Have tried wall-mart

I looked at Wall-Mart for the universal power supply. Yes It is external but what they told me was that I had to get it from Gateway or buy it online. I have tried every extra 12 volt that I can get my hands on but can't find the right one that will fit apperantly it's something that I am just stuck until I get the one that came with the original moniter or find one that will plug in. The moniter has the cord that hooks into the back of the tower it's a long skinny blue one, but the power cord hooks in on the back of the moniter. Thanks for trying to help me. Sorry if I sound like a toatl idiot it's my first time on here and I am still learning how this site works

Posted by Jerry Sexton on

  • Jerry Sexton May 25, 2007

    I had one of these connectors that I was using for my cd player power supply I tried the 12 volt thing and turned it every way but ripping it off and the slot in the monitor would not fit so what now. Am I just kinda stuck with this paper weight

  • Jerry Sexton May 27, 2007

    Yes it is low voltage is the same. Thanks You for trying to help me with my misadventure. I'll be back



1 Answer


  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 2,985 Answers

Well now if you go asking shop folk for this -they wont use their imagination, just in case they get it wrong and you sue. Just be sure that the voltage you need is - what it is - 12V did you say Then go the the electrical isles small items and you will see usually in a bubble pack on the rack a power supply- with a strip of various connectors. The power supply will have a slider switch to select vorltages from 1.5-3-4.5-6-7.5-9-12 volts. These will also have a coloured patch. The connectors are also coloured on the tip. Pick the connector colour that matched the voltage colour- plug in into the cord and lug it into the monitor . And it does not work Huh! Then unplug the connector from the cord and turn it around plug it in- then it it will work.

Posted on May 25, 2007

  • Anonymous May 26, 2007

    Well we tried - but I reckon there is a non specific answer out there.
    I don't think gear i nour two countries is that different.
    OK you have 120 volt mains and we have 240 volt over here but low voltage stuff is much the same.

  • Anonymous May 27, 2007

    A possible final solution.
    Having established that a common universal power supply has the oomph to run the monitor
    [Remember check the monitor spec plate for volts/amps required]- and matched it to a suitable power supply.
    You are then left with the plug/socket problem
    This picture illustrates what I propose.



Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


How to charge mw353 player without computer

You should be able to. Just take a look at the end that can plug into the device. Normally these will be universal cables which you can find at many locations such as Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Should be only about $20 or so.

Looking for a wall motion switch that has a 180 degree side view

Try the GE Motion sensing switch found at Wal-Mart on the electrical asile. I believe it is made by JASCO Products. I use this is my garage and closets without an problems.


I turned off the tv using the on/off button and when i went to turn it on today it failed to turn on. Nothing at all happens, the outlet is working fine. I purchased the tv at Wall-mart, mason City, Iowa

Power supply board is dead.That the board,where the power a/c cord plug into it.Tries websites like, to buy a refurbish power supply board for the replacement.

Heater blower stopped running. does the heater fuse/circuit breaker affect this?

yes most likely the problem, however i had the fan motor
go, and the fan switch go. start with the fuse then, motor. you can test motor by supplying power straight
after you unhook it using a 12v battery. You best bet is
to buy a manual at a local wall mart or canadian tire for
about 29.95 which will let you repair just about anything.

How do i get child lock off of my tv? I dont have an remote to unlock it with.

you will have to go buy a universal remote to get if can get one for 7.00 to $20.00 at wall mart


if all you need are basic functions any universal remote will work. wall mart will have cheap ones


Can thris protron tv be mounted on a wall?

it can be mounted, they sell a universal hanging kit, you will see 4 holes in the back of the tv, thats where you put the screws for the mount

Cant put music on it...

Why did you buy a cord from Wall-Mart, Wall-Mart sucks
Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

See all Gateway FPD1810 18.1" LCD Monitor Questions


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Gateway Computers & Internet Experts


Level 3 Expert

13435 Answers

Jessie Goss

Level 2 Expert

162 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6446 Answers

Are you a Gateway Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides