Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Tips for a great answer:
The error code means a problem with the heat sensor.
WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR ERROR
If the water temperature sensor (NTC) value is out of range (23°F to 217°F[-5°C to 103°C]) during the water-heating step
of the WASH cycle.
NOTE: To find correct Ohm reading refer to the Water Temperature Sensor section.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check the water temperature sensor and connection to it.
3. Check resistance of heating element, if present on this model. (abnormal = infinity)
4. Refer to the Water Temperature Sensor section.
During Drain Routine
During the Drain Routine, the water level is checked continuously. Normal drain will occur until the
pressure switch senses no water in the wash tub and there is no foam (suds). The drain pump will
operate an additional 15 seconds after the pressure switch reports no water or foam.
If the drain routine operates for four (4) minutes and the pressure switch senses any foam (suds) in
the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will start the "Kill-Foam" Routine. (See description of this
Routine below.) After the Kill-foam Routine is concluded, the Drain Routine will restart. If, after
four (4) minutes the pressure switch still senses foam in the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will
go into Failure Mode. The digital display will show, F02.
During Spin (Extract) Routine
During the Spin/Extract Routine the water level is checked continuously. If, during this routine, the
pressure switch senses the presence of foam (suds) in the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will
stop the drive motor and the basket will stop spinning. The electronic control will count the number
of spin repetitions that are attempted due to foam (suds). There are a maximum of three (3)
attempts for each Spin/Extract Routine.
1. The Remaining Time counter is stopped.
2. The digital display shows Sud.
3. The Drain Pump is turned OFF.
4. The Central Control Unit will fill the wash tub with 1 gal. (4 L) of cold water.
5. While the tub is filling the basket will tumble 1 sec. ON/15 Sec. OFF.
6. Once the tub is filled, the drive motor will turn OFF and the basket will rest without any
movement for five (5) minutes.
7. After the five (5) minute rest, the remaining time counter will restart and the digital display
will show the remaining time left in the routine.
NOTE: If the Kill-Foam routine was initiated during a Spin/Extract Routine, the tumbling action
will be reduced to a cycle of 3 sec. ON/13 sec. OFF. If, at the end of either the Drain or Spin/
Extract Routines, a suds condition still remains, the digital display will show Sud.
Sud will also be displayed for a short period at the end of a cycle, if a Suds condition was
detected during the cycle. This will alert the consumer to reduce the amount of detergent in
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: