While the camera is on, press menu and go all the way to the right. Choose "Set-up" and it will take you to a window with several tabs. Choose the tab called "1" and then choose to format the card here.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi It sounds like the card is faulty (it does happen). I had one that acted similarly. You could try using the card in another camera to check - I have a card that works OK in Olympus camera but not at all in Fuji! Best of luck Martin
If your new Xd card has the prefix "H" or "M" before the size, the A604 is not compatible with the card. As the 604 is (by today's standards) a fairly old camera, an internal "firmware" upgrade must be performed on it. For some models, the upgrade is possible for the camera owner to perform, but I believe, from past experience, that the A604 can only be upgraded by a Fuji service faciltiy. The older type of cards (without the H or M designation) are not readily available any more.
1) use the format option to get the card ready for your camera.
2) If that fails, the camera may need to go to Fuji for a firmware upgrade (assuming your new card is type H or M card). I don't believe the upgrade is performable by the user.
If you have no data on the memory card, you should hook up the card to the computer. If your computer doesn't have a slot to insert your memory card, hook the camera up to the computer. Then format the memory card (if you don't know how to do that, reply and i'll type it out for you...)