Question about Hitachi CLU-5713TSI Remote Control
Posted by Anonymous on
I solved it myself. I actually found the manuals for both the tv that the Hitachi remote came with and for our LG. The codes for programing the tv the remote came with were all two digit, like 24, 01, 34, etc. All the codes for the LG are three digit codes, 001, 210, etc. So I am pretty sure they will not speak to each other. The Hitachi is just a bit too outdated.
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
Try this as all remotes work about the same when manual setting.
Here you go. This will work with most all universal remote controls. If you don't have the code do the following:
With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device. Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to look up codes and enter them manually.
1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control
(TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. It should take a couple of seconds for the light to remain solid. The remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release power button. The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
• To exit without storing the code, press BACK.
• T he unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press
CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down after the device turns on. (go slow you need to press OK when the TV turns on) if you mess up turn TV off and start over.
6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Fill free to ask me questions about anything..........................
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2017 | RCA Televison & Video
Apr 03, 2012 | Hitachi Clu-577tsi Remote Control
Jan 10, 2011 | Hitachi CLU-4324UG Remote Control
(1) With Plasma turned On, Enter the I2C Service Menu: (Remember, you are doing this without seeing a picture).
Press "EXIT" once, just in case TV Guide is brought up for Set-Up.
Press "Menu" and wait a few seconds.
Press "Menu" ~ "Menu" ~ "8" ~ "Select" Buttons on the Remote:
The Service Menu is entered, even though you can not tell.
Service Menu selection you can not see
To navigate and adjust while in the Service Menu, use the remote control's Cursor Keys.
Dec 31, 2010 | Hitachi P42H401 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Sep 27, 2009 | Hitachi CLU-5713TSI Remote Control
Apr 09, 2009 | Hitachi CLU-5713TSI Remote Control
Apr 01, 2009 | Hitachi Televison & Video
Dec 18, 2008 | Hitachi CLU-5713TSI Remote Control
423 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: