- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ok. So go inside the Menu.
- Press Enter or 1, it should select Messages
- Press Enter or 1, it should select Commercial Messages, and display the first line of the previous message.
- Press Enter and type the first line of your commercial message.
- Validate with Enter, and then (Enter again ?) or just start typing the second line.
- Validate with (double ?) Enter, then type the third line.
- Validate with (double ?) Enter. A long receipt should be printed display should return to Main Menu screen.
Posting the model number would make a response more valid but you need to go through the main menu selection and check to see if you can alter screen resolution or geometry there.Most sets offer different views such as 'Panorama,' 'Full screen,' etc.
Is the audio coming from the TV's internal speakers, or from an
external sound system? In the 169 series chassis, if the power supply
caps or secondary rectifier are bad, or if the high voltage splitter
has shorted inside, the set will not run and there will be no picture
or sound from the TV. If the picture is completely black but the TV
still has audio, press the menu button and see if the menu comes up on
the screen. If the menu is there, check your cables on the back of the
TV. If you are using a cable or satellite box, the box could be bad or
the video wire could be bad or loose. If you do not get the on-screen
menu, then I would guess that the solder joint next to the flyback
transformer that sends filament (heater) voltage up to the picture
tubes has cracked, or the low value resistor in the heater circuit has
opened up. If that is the case, have the set serviced by a qualified
tech familiar with the 169 series chassis.
GO TO HARDWARE IN MENU SWITCH HDMI AUDIO OUT OFF, IF THIS DOSE NOT WORK MAKE SURE B SPEAKERS ARE NOT ON AS THIS PUTS THE MENU UP THE LEFT ,SOUNDS DAFT BUT IT DOES.IF YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE A FAULT.