KDF46E2000 - Change Lamp Warning - Reset
Bulb is most likely OK. Original bulb in Sony TV is Philips, label on bulb usually says Philips. Sony don't make bulbs. Sony Cost is usually 1.5 times other sources. Many shopping cart operations sell condemned, reject or poor quality electronic service items because cost of return and fooling with them is excessive. This is obvious and widespread with convergence ICs and other parts.
Lamp timer needs reset. This is usually an automatic function. TV detects Increased lamp current from previous failed bulb or weak bulb condition and resets automatically. TV must be unplugged for lamp replacement for this to work. Occasionally it must be reset manually, as below:
1. TV must be in standby mode. (Power off).
2. Press the following buttons on the Remote Commander within a
second of each other:
DISPLAY Channel 5 Volume + POWER .1. Access Service Adjustment Mode and select the Service Menu that
contains the Category with the Adjustment Item you want to change.
2. To change the Category, press 2 or 5 on the Remote Commander.
Note: Pressing 2 or 5 only changes the categories within the
Service Menu displayed. To change a Category on one of the other
Service Menus, press the JUMP button until the correct Service
Menu is displayed.
3. To change the Adjustment Item, press 1 or 4 on the Remote
4. To change the Data Value, press 3 or 6 on the Remote
Note: To go back to the last saved Data Value, press 0 then ENT
on the Remote Commander to read the memory.
5. To save the changes, press MUTING then ENT to write into
6. To exit service mode, turn the power off by pressing POWER .
Wait 2 minutes before restarting the set to allow the fans to
completely shut down or the Service Menu will appear on the screen.