My new meridian fails to turn on anymore. Even with new batteries. It has not been misused dropped or anything. After giving a signal that the batteries were low it stopped working and just will not start up again no matter what.
I have the same problem. As with the other postings the car adapter did work. The metal arm that touches the integrated circuit board needed cleaning.. Unfortunately the metal here is very thin and cleaning it has rubbed it through. I am going to try soldering it next. Poor design really.
I had my meridian platinum do exactly this. First test on car adaptor if you have one, if this works the batteries are not making connection properly. I took the six mounting screws out and opened the back, I cleaned the battery connectors up with an alcohol wipe, a pencil eraser is also good for this. Then I bent the battery connectors up ever so slightly on the battery holder side. Reassembled unit, do not over tighten screws. Problem solved.
Well you posted this a long time ago but I also have had this problem and I think i found the solution. Open the battery cover and then tighten the screws that hold the unit together (not to tight). This has worked for me and I think it may be a common problem with these screws loosening.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Dropped microphones could disconnect the display/control board from the motherboard. If so, you cannot turn it on using the power button and neither could you see anything on the display. To correct this, you have to open up the unit so as to push the mother board unto the display/control board.
It is very likely the battery is bad. But that might be the minor issue here, if the battery has failed, it might also have leaked internally and damaged the unit. The only thing I could suggest would be to look the unit up online and see if there are any online instructions to replace the battery. There are many Youtube postings for stuff like this, so google your unit model and the words replace battery. You should get a liting of sites including youtube postings and sites who offer battery replacements and even replace them for you for a fee. Remember that the value of the unit is strictly based on whether you want to retrieve the music for that cost , or simply re-download the music from the source you got it from. New MP3 players are pretty cheap and much larger in capacity now.
2 things need to be tested 1. the battery. Even new batteries straight off the shelf can fail in 7 seconds. It happens. 2. The charging system. Make sure you getting at least 13.5 volts perferably 14.5 and that it stays up even with headlamps and all accessories are on. If at any point it drops below 13.5, the alternator should be changed and rechecked. I had 3 bum alternators one day in the shop so never take for granted because it was in a new box that it will work the first time. Electrical components are just that way. They can fail new, used, remanufactured, rebuilt, etc.. Let me know if you need anything else!
Plug the thing in and give it a good charge overnight. Still nothing? Put in a new battery and give it a full charge overnight. You can get new batteries from your service provider or on e-bay for cheap.
Still nothing? The unit is probably damaged from water or dropping it. Take it back to the shop for service or exchange the phone out for a replacement or different phone.
Well theres yoiur answer. If you have banged it or dropped it you have possibly cracked the motherboard inside. Sometimes these work intermittently with rthis type of misuse. other timjes it just stops. Cheaper to buy a new one than muck around getting it fixed
Do you mean that even when you plug it in the wall it will not start? Does it do anything, for instance, does a light flash briefly or do you hear any sound/ Any activity at all? If you do not, it may be that your power cord has a problem, or more importantly, the power supply unit inside of your computer may have failed. Can you give me more information? Thanks.