I need help downloading an audio book into MP3 playeer
I have an Infitek 4GFM MP3/MP4 player with FM tuner. I purchased an audio book online and can not download directly into the player. The owners manual is not useful it only explains who to access the e-book menu but not how to get the book into it. I had to download into Windows Media , then burned to CD's ripped back to Windows Media and then into the player.( This was help from the Audio book Store ) However this put the book into the music section of the player not the e-book section. I have tried to contact Infitek they have confirmed receiving my messages but no one contacts me about what I need to do.
I hope you can help
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did the device came with a CD? If yes, install the driver from the CD to your computer, so that way the MP4 will be recognize by the PC.
Once you see the MP4 showing on your PC, right click on your mouse and go to format. On file format you should you should see FAT or FAT 32, try FAT32.
Slim and stylish, the NWZ-S616F Walkman Video MP3 player combines a powerful digital music player with a 1.8" QVGA LCD screen for hours of multimedia entertainment. Listen to your favorite songs, view videos and photographs or listen to your favorite radio stations with the built-in FM tuner. It supports playback of MP3 and WMA DRM and non-DRM audio files downloaded from multiple sources, as well as AAC non-DRM content, so that you can enjoy your music no matter the format or download source. Weighing less than 2 ounces but with the capacity to store up to 2,300 songs, 15 hours of video or hundreds of photographs, the 4GB NWZ-S616FRED Walkman Video MP3 player delivers everything you need to take your favorite entertainment with you. Compatible with Secure Windows Media Audio MP3/WMA/AAC Audio Codec Support Utilizes 3 Clear Audio technologies to reproduce crystal clear, CD-quality audio. FM Tuner with 30 Station Presets Shuffle play among songs from a randomly selected year. Bi-directional screen display
Problem: Infitek MP4 player is recognized by Vista and Windows XP but when you try to put files on it, error pops up.
Solution: The MP4 needs to be reformatted to FAT32 file system, here is howto do it:
1) Connect USB cable to PC
2) Connect Infitek to cable.
3) An AutoPlay window will pop up on your PC. Select "Open folders to view files using Windows Explorer"
4) On the left of the explorer window the following will be seen "Removable Disk (?:)" (? can be any letter in the alphabet, most likely E-K)
5) Right click on "Removable Disk (?:)" with your mouse and select "Format"
6) "Format Removable Disk (?:)" window will appear, select FAT32 from the FIle system Combo box and select Quick Format from the Format options and click on START
You may need to format the MP4 more than once, it did not work for mr the first time.
7) After you receive a message, Format completed successfully you can drag and drop any files to the "Removable Disk (?:)" which is the MP4 player storage area.
8) Disconnect the cable, turn on the MP4, if at main menu use the >>| key to get to the Music, Click MENU key to get to the first song, click >|| to play song.
I used .WMA files (Windows Media Player) songs. They seemed to work ok