This morning I was setting my dvd recorder up to record a show and the logo screen was blinking as soon as I put the dvd in to be formated. I took it out and the logo screen continued to blink and I cut the dvd recorder off and the screen was fine. So I know it is something wrong with the dvd. I tried unplugging the dvd but that did not work. Please help
Try cleanning the lens in the unit with dvd cd cleanner which can be bought in any office surplus store make sure its for dvd there are two types cd and combo dvd?cd i recomond staples office supplies it is only 10 dollars cad
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do it show its Logo on screen. If it shows the logo, and does not show picture, the fault is with its pick-up lens system. If it do not show the Logo too, the fault is with its main power regulator board [SMPS]. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Pull up older posts. Surf the site with patience. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
Your dvd is locked to a region code so will only play dvd's for region it was made for.
good news is that you can unlock most dvd players to be region free.
First of all set the command mode of the recorder to "DVD1" from the menu and from the remote. After that
1. Press DVD on the remote control 2. Hold MAGIC button (or SET Button) until the led flashes twice. 3. Press 0, 5, 3 and 3 and the led flashes twice. 4. After that the URC can manage the recorder...check it If not, then use the code search (have a look in the manual of the remote control). When the rc works, then step over to
MAIN PROCEDURE (DON'T HAVE ANY DVD INSIDE THE PLAYER)
1. Hold MAGIC button until the LED blinks twice 2. Now type "994" (then LED blinks again) 3. Press the MAGIC button (shortly) 4. Now type 001891 5. LED blinks twice 6. Repeat steps 1-5 and enter instead of step 4 the codes 002552,000953,002214,000795 7. Put the player on standby (and be sure that there is no DVD inside) 8. Press 1,2,3,4,5 (pause briefly between each button and make sure LED of remote flashes) then the display shows "TIMER OK" and the DVD-Player goes on 9. Press 1,2,3,4,5 (pause briefly between each button and make sure LED of remote flashes) then the display shows "TIMER OK" and the DVD-Player goes off 10. Then it is done. Your DVD-Player/Recorder is Codefree
Please dont forget to vote this answer was helpful
This is more a work-around than a solution, as the unit is failing to function normally; however, having the identical problem I observed that the unit is failing to power on at 2:00 minutes before beginning recording, a necessary step to record to DVD.
My work-around is the following:
1) Set up the timer, inputting necessary date, time, etc. as normal. With the unit still powered on, start the timed recording mode by pressing timer set, as normal. You will see the red clock icon and the DVD logo iluminate on the VFD.
2) Press the Standby-On power button. This will power the unit on in VCR mode. You should at this time be unable to switch from VCR to DVD mode since the DVD is still in timer mode. LEAVE THE UNIT POWERED ON in this manner. The timer will function and the DVD will record normally.
I have no clue why my unit suddenly forgot how to power up on its own in order to record to DVD. If anyone has an answer for that one please post!
make sure the cables are connected correctly, the manual will show that.
If the mwr20v6 has a tuner you must have the channel on the dvd set to the program, if it has no tuner, you must have your tv set to the correct channel.
when you set the timer you need to ok the settings of the programme you record then you need to switch the video off on the controll as it will only record in standby mode cus if the video is switched on it will wait for you to tell it to record hope this helps