I dropped my phone in the toilet, the battery out and let it dry out for 6-7 hours. i put the battery back in and turned it on. But it seemed to go dead so then i put it on the charger. But now the keypad is lit up and the screen does nothing.....is it fried? PLEEEEASSE help me!!!!!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: dropped razor in toilet
Sounds like it is done for, yes. I know a way to save electronics if they are dumped in water, but it requires to fill it with water replacing fluids. Putting it in pure alcohol right away (remove battery first) might save it, as ir should replace the water and then evaporate completey when you take it out.
Some contacts have probably corroded in your phone, so unless you are (or know) a repairman of electronics you'll probably need a new phone. :-/
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the first step is to take the battery of the phone and place both the the phone and the battery in a zip lock bag with rice and leave it for three day and then put it back together and the phone should turn on
If your device gets covered in water, act fast and rationally, and you may be able to save your device. 1. DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT ON 2. Pull out the battery. 3. Please your device and battery into a bowl of uncooked rice to absorb any moisture. 4. Please it in a warm, dry place where it can receive direct sunlight. 5. Be patient. It is recommended that you leave it in there for at least 48 hours. 6. After 48 hours, put the battery back in and power on.
if you have a screwdriver, you can open the phone up and check if it is still dry or wet and also look to see if there are any burnout marks (greeny-blue or white).air it for an hour or few and put it back together. try again. is it pos 5 or pos 6 bit. or is it tork 5 or 6, at jay=car or dicks or bunnings if you don't need advice on it.
When that happened to my phone I was able to open it immediately and set it in an area near my oven to help dry it out. It worked for my samsung phone but not my razor. The samsung was in a front loading washer whereas the razor fell in a (clean)toilet bowl. That may be the biggest difference.