- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
not so sure if warped lines about it not being convergence, if the lines are diagonal and light red etc it may be a screen circuit issue. Hard to tell from description----take a few good photos and post them on a free photo sharing site and provide a link here---expert who sees what it looks like may be able to help...............
If you can see the red tint with every input source and also in the On-Screen Menu, then this indicates that the Green phosphor is burning off of the screen faster than the Red and Blue. This is typical of plasma screens. Even if you dont watch a lot of golf or football, green is the most dominent color and burns out of the phosphur pits(pixels) faster than the Red and Blue. Take away green, you are left with Reddish looking screen and Pink whites. This is not repairable. If the Menu looks nice and white, check your source cables. Good luck
A pink (or any tinted) screen is usually an indicator of one of two things:
1. The cable going from the video card to the monitor is loose. Try adjusting the cable and see if the picture changes. Put pressure in all directions slowly to see if it clears up. If it does, you should change your monitor cable.
2. One or more of your CRT "guns" or "rays" is malfunctioning, causing the red gun to be too strong, or causing the green or blue to be too weak. This is difficult to fix... time for a new monitor. Sometimes you can get a little more life out if by smacking the monitor on the side.
Unfortunately if you have tried a different machine (it could be a bad video card) and tried the cables most likely it is the screen itself. Typically when one of these lcd's begin to fail the pixles no longer access the blue field and you see mostly red instead of the other two colors. In short pink screen is terminal, it will last for a while longer.