Ok i hooked up all the wires. (ground, battery, head, and speaker wires) first time it worked for like 10 seconds then the sub cut out. i looked at the amp and the light was off. so i turned the car back on and the light comes on for not even a second then cuts out again. it does this every time i turn my stereo on. i moved the ground wire and it does the same thing. what could be the problem?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your amp could be in protection mode! Sometimes turning up to high or wires touching will put in protection mode! It will have to be unplugged for a day or two to drain all power out of the memory. Leave accessorie/ignition wire hooked up, just not power and ground wiring. It should reset itself.
this is caused by inproper wiring from the speakers/subs to the amplifier.. an amp will still put out power to subs and speakers when it's wired improperly but it won't last for very long doing it... 6 months is longer than usual....
ok here is how it goes power wire from the battery all the way to amp..then ground wire from amp to a good ground on car then the remote wire which you have to run from the amp to the back of your stereo which in most cases is blue then hook subs from the sub box to the amp
You did not say whether or not you checked the wiring going to your subs. Many times, a shorted or grounded speaker wire will cause an amp to fail. And if the amp powers up OK with the subs disconnected, I'd suspect one or more of the wires.
Check the 12v wire running from the battery to the amplifier. Also the sony explode is a garbage subwoofer compared to the Alpine.. sony (they say 1200w max but its more like 100w to power the thing) Amp could be going. Is the amplifier hot when running. If there is a burnt smell comming from the amp, its the amplifier
ok not much info but u need a red thick wire with a fuse from positive on battery to positive on amp thick black ground wire from negative on amp to car body remote wire from remote on amp to remote on back of head unit rca leads from back of head unit to amp then hook up sub
Actually. I don't think you have to wire a remote switch from the radio to the amp on this product. This powered subwoofer supposedly has automatic signal sensing turn-on circuitry. I have the same problem. So I think I'll try to just hook up the power (to the battery), ground and the + / - speaker wires to one of the back speakers in the car and see if that works.
For the visonik, you should check your speakers. You can use a D-cell battery. Remove the speaker wires from the amp and connect each speaker across the battery (for no longer than a few seconds). The speaker should pop each time the wires are touched to the battery. If they don't, the speaker is defective (assuming the battery isn't dead).
If the speakers are OK, you need to confirm that you have a good signal feeding the amp. You can use the RCA cables from another working amp in the vehicle. Do this with the amp that had the power light lit.
If you have signal going to the amp and the speakers are OK, the only two things left are the power supply feeding the amp (from the battery) and the amp. If you have B+ and remote voltage AND a good ground, the amp is defective.
For the pyramid, the amplifier probably has shorted output transistors. The amplifier will have to be repaired.