I've made the proper connections to my sherwood rx-4109, but as soon as i turn on any component the receiver shuts off. in the beginning i thought it was the timer, but it wasn't. what the hell could it be?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Pull the sherwood power cord from the wall for 20 minutes. On the back of sherwood, check all cables and make sure they are in the correct places. Check speaker wires and make sure they are connected. 1)After 20 minutes, turn power on to sherwood. 2) select an input (radio, cd, etc.) 3) Push play. 4) Turn volume to desired level.
I'm am not certain, but it could be a safety circuit that is tripping the power. It will require investigation of the power supply to determine if it is good. It seems to me unlikely that it is the switch itself to blame. I think it would be rare for the locking mechanism of the switch to act like that.
RX-4109 Remote Controlled Stereo Receiver with Phono Section
Unlike the budget stereo receivers now flooding the entry-level price points at dealers across the country, the Sherwood RX-4109 is designed and built in-house with the same quality and attention to detail we have been bringing to our audio gear for the last 50 years.
With 105 Watts RMS per channel, phono section, binding posts, a versatile remote control and switching for two pairs of loudspeakers, the only thing that bespeaks the word "budget" about the RX-4109 is its modest cost.
If Both speakers are working at a low volume and you turn it up and it clips and shuts off you have one of 3 problems. you have over driven your speakers and one has shorted the voice coil but still will work at low volume, its a overload protection for ohms short in receiver. unhook each speaker and turn balance to the one hooked up and turn up receiver if it shuts off do the same with other speaker to determine which side is bad. 2 speaker wires are touching at speaker or receiver. 3 a bad receiver output transister. Good luck.
Check the speaker wiring in the back. Make sure it is not wired improperly.
You could remove the speaker wiring from the back of the amp and see if it still shuts off after turning it on.
If it still shuts off after the wiring is removed, it is a problem with the amp itself.
If it remains on after the wiring is removed, then I'd say you have a problem with the speaker wiring or the speakers themselves. It still could be a problem with the amp in this case though... just a problem when it is trying to put power to the speakers.