Motorola Mobility RAZR V3 Logo

Question about Motorola Mobility RAZR V3

1 Answer

Nothing really works

Ok...well i think it has water damage but the sticker is still white.. when i take out the battery and put the home charger in it the screen just blinks. and the keypad only goes about 2 or 3 clicks before it just freezes and stops... plz hlep!!!

Posted by brooke freiborg on


1 Answer


  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 91 Answers

If it is water damaged take it to a proffessional and have it cleaned out. You might also need them to reflash your firmware.

Posted on May 13, 2007


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


When charging, the message "check

It may not be. Good call on trying a different charger. Most of the time it's just a bad connection, and you have to hold it or angle it weirdly, so it may have been just the charger. In some cases it's the connection from the phone to the battery that's messed up. Check the hole where the charger connects to and the small metal tabs that touch the batteries metal tabs. Sometimes they may be bent too inward and you have to gently pull them out to allow for a better connection. You might also want to check the battery for any moister (water) damage. Just cause it hasn't even been rained on doesn't mean there won't be any water damage. Every cell phone battery has a small white sticker (some with pink x's). The sticker is ether a circle, square, rectangle, or oval. (Usually there on the same edge as the mettle tabs). The sticker is placed in a small grove that was made for that sticker. If you take off the cover you'll see that your phone has the same type of sticker and grove (they may be different shapes however). If any one of the 2 stickers is pink or red your phone and/or battery is/are considered to be "water damaged". In which case you'll have up to 6 months before it stops working. Usually you start noticing it act funny after 3 months. Of course it all depends on how badly it's damaged. However if you're hella lucky maybe it was only the sticker that got wet (it does happen) and nothing is damaged.

Won't acknowledge the charger!

Either you have a bad charger, bad battery, or the charging port on the phone is bad.

1. Try a different charger. (Like your car charger instead of your home charger. Or your buddies charger) If one works and one doesn't, you found your problem chargers do go bad.

2. If this wasn't your problem. Next I'd buy another battery - usually you can get one for less than $10 online. If the new one works, woohoo problem solved toss the bad battery.

3. If the new battery does the same thing, its the phone. If it's verizon and less than 12 months old, call them - its probably under 1 yr warranty they might replace it free - as long as the white sticker near the battery is still white (water detection is pink/red). And it's not crushed or dented/damaged.

Dipped phone in water

cover your phone in white rice overnight--withoutthe battery or the back on it----it would work ---hope it works for u shannon

My phone

Try using another battery that you could borrow from a friend or try charging it with another charger. Hope this helps!


Well, the white to pink dot is a sign of water in the phone. It is a moisture indicator and the first thing the repair fols look for so they can deny any claims.

They second thing is you can get an external battery charger for the razor. They run about 5 dollars and allow you to charge the battery seperate from the phone.

Razr V3 external battery charger


How will i know iF G1 phone has water damage

Remove the back cover and battery of the device. Set the battery aside and look inside the phone. In the lower right hand corner near the gold prongs there is a circle sticker. It will be on the side wall of the device. If the sticker is red, your phone has been exposed to water damage.

My enV won't hold a charge

You said the new battery worked but wont charge in the phone. You had water damage to the phone before getting the new battery correct?

First remove any Mini S/D card in the phone, power it off and remove the battery. ( only do this if its out of warranty and nothing else works. ) Your need to take the phone apart and get some alcohol wipes and wipe down the circuit board and connectors and anything that may have had water on it, if you see any crude, try to rub it off, there may be water and crude built up on contacts from the water damage that may be shorting the phone. Also check the battery contacts for greas or crud on the contacts. Once you have wiped down everything the alcohole should evaporate and take any moisture with it. Leave it out for a day dis assembled so it can air dry completely.

Put phone back together and hook up the charger and see if it charges. wait to put the memory card back in as in case you screwed anything up, you dont want it to take out your memory card with it.

I have performed this task with many of my friends cell phone that have gone through washing machines or got moisture in it because they take there phones into a steamy shower and moisture ends up shorting it out.

If nothing else works and you want to try it, go for it.

remember theres 6 screws in back and 4 around the mainscreen that are covered with triangular sticky covers, then use a thin knife or something to pry from one of the corners, one it gets started you just have to pop it apart with your fingers. Everything snaps back together easily.

Be carefull on the side with the screens, you dont wanto to pop apart the front screen from the mainscreen as its a pain to keep together when putting it back, also dont get any dust or fingerprints on the screen as they will drive you nuts if you put it all back together and theres a greasy fingerprint under the plastic that protects the screen.

Good luck

Phone will not power on and battery is good

hi check under your battery if the sticker is white or pinkish

it sounds like a sort of water damage occured

if NOT, then its a board issue - it will be about 60-80$ to replace


oooh doesnt sound too good! but my phone got a bit wet and stuffed up quite a bit so last night im my room on the shelf, i took out my sim card, battery, back cover and left it open to get some fresh air. and now it works fine:) goodluck you might want to try that but yours was alot wetter than mine!

Help!Phone does nothing!

Ok you need to replace that charger cos thats the one that is doing all the damage. Check your battery voltage if its below 3v then you need to rejuvenate it back to its original capacity. It will be ok good luck.
Not finding what you are looking for?


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Motorola Mobility Cell Phones Experts


Level 3 Expert

37748 Answers


Level 3 Expert

1548 Answers


Level 3 Expert

3290 Answers

Are you a Motorola Mobility Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides