Every time I print out a page there is a faded line going through on the left side I tried cleaning out my printer and I also just bought a new drum kit. If anyone knows what to do please let me know also I have bought a generic toner and it runs out really quick actually I think the printer isn't reading it right.
This could be several things-here is a list...
1. transfer roller or belt dirty, especially if inside of printer looks like it needs a cleaning. You could vacuum with toner vacuum or take it in for service.
2. scanner mirrors dirty. would need to be serviced by a technician.
3. scanner toner shield out of position-tech needed.
4. toner cartridge needs to be shaken horizontally-toner could be all on one side of hopper.
5. the fusing section could have work rollers, they sometimes get scored and leave a strange brownish line on the page that sort of fades if you print multiple pages. Again, tech would be needed.
Anne, thanks and good luck..
Thanks and good luck...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should never use alcohol when cleaning this printer. If you need a solvent, use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water. A dry lint- free cloth is better for cleaning most parts of the printer. The Clean Drum function on the Dell 1600n is accessed from the Maintenance sub-menu. You need to press Menu on the printer repeatedly until you see Maintenance on the top line of the Display. Clean Drum should be displayed on the bottom line. Press Select twice to start the cleaning. You may need to repeat this operation several times if you see that the printed page is still streaky.
If you have trid a different toner cartridge, then I would first try a new drum (not sure if toner & drum are in same cartridge, some are so you will have to check that) If not that, then I would suggest the transfer roller bar would be my next suspect if the printer has a lot of copies done on it.
I have a SCX-4100 Samsung, replaced the tonger cartridge, it was working fine for a few hundred sheets of printing, but after that, the left side of the page was printed very light, faded. If I run the "Clean Drum", it will print a litter better, but still faded. What can I do to correct this problem? Thank you TT