I got the sansa e250 as a Christmas present from my parents and it was working fine until a day ago. Whenever I try to listen to music, it restarts itself. I tried to reset it, but it won't let me do it, it restarts. Can anyone help me please????
You should try formating it. when you plug it into your computer...
go to my computer
right click on your mp3 player name under " devices with removable storage"
make sure nothing is checked.
and then press start. wait till its done, and it should work.
i can use some to..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try to do a reset, follow these instructions if this does not work. Reseat the battery.
Resetting your player:
1. Press and hold the Power/Menu button for approximately 20 seconds.
2. Release the Power/Menu button.
3. Press the Power/Menu button again to turn on the player.
Resetting a Sansa View, Fuze, or Clip player:
1. Slide and hold the Power switch up for approximately 20 seconds.
2. Release the Power switch.
3. To turn the player on, slide the Power switch up then release instantly.
Switch your Sansa e250 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the e250 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode" (if the LCD remains black, keep pressing long enough -- about 10 seconds -- then proceed to the next step)
5. Connect your e250 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa e250 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the e250 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa e250 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
or use this Sansa Firmware Updater link:
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player (or find the most updated firmware) and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred.
When the process is complete, unplug your e250 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your e250 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.
I hope this helps.
Try to format the unit. Follow the steps 6 and 7 of the solution i presented here: http://www.fixya.com/support/t119082-sansa_e270_refresh_database
Note that all data on your unit will be erased! But maybe that exterminate with your current problems.