Just took the 501 out of storage and when I receive or copy, the print always has areas of missing information, like something is on the drum. (runs all the way down the page) I've changed the drum and toner and it's in the same place on both drums.
Is their a glass area where the laser reads that could be crudded up?
Any other suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it is only causing an image problem when you copy and not when you print, then there is something wrong with the optics under the glass. Check and see if you have any mirrors out of place or if the scanner looks crooked. If you have the machine set up to scan try and scan to SMB or email to see if it still has the problem. If everything looks correct under the glass and scans to SMB and email look bad like the copies, you may have a bad CCD assembly, or a bad board.
You need a drum cleaning blade. These blades will go bad if left unused for that much time. This part cleans all that toner off of the drum in between copies. Cheap part at about $25.00 to $35.00
Just google konica 1015 drum cleaning blade and you will find one.
you need do follow steps: 1) take out the cartridge find a cover there is the drum inside, the drum you can see the color on the drum surface
2) check out and clean any pieces of paper or dirty waste toner stuck there, because there is a waste toner cleaner on the drum surface which is like a long rubbon strip (something like that) you can spin anyway a little to clean.
3) if you check out any different color (vertical round drum), that is the drum surface worn or scratched. you can see the worn area show light color than normal area. so you need change it better.
4) if the color all very same and still not fix, you need check again something stuck the drum surface near cleaner rubbon.
hope help you fix it, please take a rating let me know how much helped you thanks! keep in touch your question please.
Try making a copy of something or printing a transmission report or journal from the "reports" menu. If the same problem is apparent on these printouts, then your drum unit or toner cartridge need to be replaced
Have you tried both drum and toner supplies? cause it sounds like a drum fault, if you have tried a new drum and toner, and it is doing it when printing internal reports, receiving fax's and copying then you have a tecnical issue to do with charge and this would likely render machine unecomical to repair (unless you can find a bad contact with drum on machine). If it receives faxs clearly but copys black then it is different issue (ie optics).