optiplex comes in 3 or 4 case types, and matching different mobos.
gee golly. which is it?
i hear nothing,?
if you want to guess, just do so your self , your cash that%$$
want to do testing first, say so, diagnosis? guessing is your job.
if that is what you want to do. ?
- first off, you push the power button and the 2 fans spin do they?
- unstated by you this super key #1 fact.
- the manual states powerlamp flash amber why did you not say which lamp LED flashes? page 73 in your manual.
- the 4 diagnostic LED? or ? what? page 99 powerled blinks
- Blinking ambe POWER LED light indicates a
problem with the system board.
- so there you have it main board issues, when you see that it means to strip the system down to minimum system to find shorted devices, all PCs do this, all things in a PC can in fact short at any time. (fate?) so we just unplug devices, DVD drive all HDD, all SSD,
- then unplug the video card in th PCI slot, or any card in any PCI slot of any kind, does the blinking amber end and fans run now the PSU fan must run the CPU fan must blow. do they?
- The ram sticks pulled , and tested 1 by 1, did you do that.
- remove all usb devices just as precaution, most usb ports have there own regulators and do no allow overloading main PSU rails. ever, but we unplug all we can, see?
- did you bench test the PSU first>? both? using the magic jumper check. see at link below.
here is PSU checks
in our shop we have load bank tester for all PSU.
that burn power, and fully load PSU, but most times we dont need it.(we also have noise checks for PSU, tools)
here is mobo bad checks.
ive no idea of this PC is factory stock or not?
some folks mix parts, put dell mobo in to alien case?
but here is all ways to mess up mother boards.
things not told by you.?
- is it still like dell made it new?
- are both fans dead, amazing I have to ask but are they? the fans must turn fast and actually blow air both,
- do you have things in PCI slots.?
- what wattage rating is the PSU? 200w? or 500w?
- ram tests (pulls and swaps)
- PSU bench testing? did you? with the jumper, and see fan spins and all rails to to spec voltage with any $20 dmm meter made.
did you do a coin cell reset.
remove all wires to MOBO, cept power button tiny wire conn.
remove COIN cell
push power button, this discharges all caps now.
and NVram is now erased,
now put mobo back online, power and all, and see thaT FANS RUN
AND BIOS SCREENS POP AND IF DO , select BIOS defaults now.
your RTC coin cell is 7 years old today, and is the end of life point.
so says the battery maker, consider a new one?
or measure it with DMM, 2.9v and less is bad or at the deathh knee of life. 3.3v is new voltage.