Have a good day Sir,
I have a DeLonghi Microwave model MW605. Right now it does not work, it always blown up the fuse.
I inspect high voltage Capacitor, it is good. I check the high voltage diode, it
is also good. Only the resistor across the terminals of the capacitor it
shows infinitive when measured by Megohm. Does it cause the fuse blown up?. I saw it said in Capacitor label, the resistor is 10 Megaohm? I also measured the Magnetron between the two terminals, it is 0.5 Ohm and terminals to body is infinity.
Appreciate much if you can give me some hint to repair my microwave.
Thank you very much for your hint. I changed the transformer and it works now. I feel happy when the problem solved by my hand with your great help. You are really very good expert in both theory and practice.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
When does the fuse blow?
If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit START, you probably have a high voltage capacitor shorting.
Does it blow a few seconds after you press START? If so, then it may be a bad high voltage transformer.
Does it blow when you open or close the door? If so, it may be a bad door swithc or a misaligned or damaged door or door switch mount.
Please give more details.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
More than likely it will be one of the three door switches. Also check the internal fuse in the unit. The fuse if blown is just a symptom, not the problem. It doesn't always blow out but the right combination of switches bad will take it out.
for the microwave to stop suddenly it has blown its internal fuse this is located under the top panel of the unit it should be white with two silver tips ( ceramic fuse) in some cases the fuse will blow for no good reason on the other hand it can be a serious fault the fastest way to check this is to replace the fuse and re test the unit if the fuse blows instantly then bin the microwave if not it the fuse may have simply failed
best of luck always remember unplug the unit first and always replace with same size and and current fuse
Could be several things. Fuse blown to the magnetron circuit. Bad magnetron or fuse and HV diode blown to magnetron circuit. The fuses are only about $5 at www.mcmelectronic.com . If the unit is extremely old the magnetron could be bad but generally it is the fuse and HV diode. For the cost of the parts it would certainly be worth fixing if you have the ability. Let me know how it works out.
There is always a fuse inside a microwave.Sometime this has only blown due to a surge,and upon replacing, the microwave will continue working.If it is something worse the fuse will continue to blow.In this case it could very well be the transformer,but there are other possible causes as well.(for example the control board or a short.)
Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows, you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it.
The reason for this is that if you do not have any experience and training with microwaves, you can get a SEVERE shock, even if the oven is unplugged. THAT being said, if you still want to know where the fuse is get back to me. good luck.
ALSO, as you may know, a small microwave these days is under fifty bucks at walmart.
If unit is built-in reove screws holding unit to cabinet.
Slide out about 2 inches to access 3 screws holding grill.
Remove grill to get to two screws holding control panel.
Fuse is behind control panel,