Cd player is not reading cds what can i do to repair it.
Subject: Radio With Six Disc CD Changer Does Not Recognize Loaded CD And
Displays An "INITIALIZING" Message, CD Will Not Play, CD Cannot Be
Ejected, Or Disc Icon Does Not Illuminate (Reprogram Radio)
2005-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe
2005-2007 Chevrolet Colorado, Express, Silverado Classic, TrailBlazer
2005-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL
2005-2007 GMC Canyon, Envoy, Savana, Sierra Classic
2005-2006 HUMMER H2 with Six Disc CD Changer Equipped Audio System (RPO UC6)
Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:
• The CD loaded in the radio will not play.
• The CD loaded in the radio will not eject.
• The disc icon on the radio will not illuminate.
• The radio displays an "INITIALIZING" message for approximately 30 seconds after vehicle start up.
Important: Do not attempt to play CDs with paper labels on them in this
CD player. The labels may warp or wrinkle and jam the CD player
mechanism. Refer to the Compact Disc Care and Cleaning procedure
(Document ID# 1656123) in SI for more information.
Technicians are to reprogram the radio with new operating software using the following procedure:
1. If the radio has a CD(s)2008 General will be necessary to reset the radio and remove them
before the radio is reprogrammed. Remove and reinstall the radio fuse to
reset the radio and then eject the CD(s). If cycling the power to the
radio does not allow the CD(s) to be removed, the radio may have another
failure that will not be corrected by the reprogramming procedure that
follows. Refer to the Diagnostic Starting Point - Entertainment
procedure in SI to begin your diagnosis of this failure to eject CDs
concern before reprogramming the radio.
2. Reprogram the radio using the Service Programming System (SPS) with
the latest software available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the SPS procedures
and the Radio Programming and Set procedure in SI for more information.
As always make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software
3. Verify proper operation of the radio and make sure that all CDs can be ejected.
Hope helps (remember to rate this).