Question about Samsung Digital Video Recorder-VCR Combo Programmable Security Recorder
Try this site:
Particularly the entries from:
Region code hack posted by Anthony Green, September 10 2006:
Region code hack posted by ZoidsGodzilla, November 22 2006:
Posted on Jan 08, 2008
Not much mechanical skill needed for the task ahead. there are three screws which holds the cover on the player. Here are a few steps that may help you with your power problem. There is a fuse located inside of the player at the power cord connection for safety purposes.
1. Remove all power from the combo player
2. Remove three screws from the rear of the player cover
3. Remove cover, as the cover is removed you will see the fuse at the end of the power cord attachment.
4. Remove the fuse and replace with same amperage or volts required. (replacements could be found at Radio Shack.)
5. Replace cover
6. Connect Power and check combo player
Posted on May 23, 2008
It sounds like the laser in the DVD player is getting weak or has alignment problems. If the DVD that did not play in the samsung but played in others. I would tend to think its not alignment since you mentioned that it's been repaired before. Chances are the laser is weak but still within spec in order to prevent replacement. When My dvd players start to go they will generally stop recognizing burned media and thats your clue to replace it. They are very inexpensive to replace nowadays and have almost become disposable items. Probably not what you wanted to hear but it sounds like's like this player wasnt made very well.
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: