I bought Altec Lansing IM600 with remote control --> this doesn't work . Is there a battery in the remote ? How do I open my remote control ? Apparently, yoy can attach the remote at the back side of the dock - how ?
Turn the remote upside down. At the bottom, there is a slot that opens the battery tray and a series of grooves that are part of a clip that releases the tray. Insert the fingernail of your thumb into the grooves and the fingernail of your index finger into the slot. Ease the grooves (clip) toward the middle of the remote and slide the tray out. There is a ridge in the tray that matches the battery only when the battery is in the proper position. Slide the tray back in. If the remote doesn't work, you've probably inserted the battery in the wrong position.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same issue and read here that you may want to try unplugging your battery cable and plugging it back in. First, power down and unplug the im600. Then get a 00 Philips screwdriver and unscrew the two screws that are in the back of the unit (where the remote rests). Gently pull off the cover and you'll see a cylindrical battery with a connector coming from it. Unplug that connector, leave it unplugged about a minute or so, then plug it back in. I am trying this myself right now so I can't confirm that it works yet.
If you find that your battery is dead, and will not recharge, go to AltecLansing.com and contact their customer service. They will instruct you how to obtain a replacement battery.
The battery sits in a little plstic "basket". I fixed my problem by placing a very narrow piece of electrical tape at the back of the basket. This forces the battery forward by the thickness of the tape. This allowed for a more positive connection of the battery to the power pick-ups.