i have toshiba e405.
Just purchased it from ebay.
can not connect it using USB neight cradle nor the cord..
My computer just does not recogize the connected pda..
I used different types of sync software..including the latest for Vista..all in vain.. does not sees anything..i tried different usb ports..i tried brand new usb cable..
does not work
in my PDA i see the option 'connect to pc using:' and then
"'USB" - yes, with the little upper comma in front..
or i just purchased not a PDA but a piece of ...?
__Try to Uninstall the toshiba software. Also search for the Folder called Toshiba and remove that as well.____Then Re-Boot Your machine. ____Re-Install the Toshiba software and that should work.____If not we can do a live meeting and I can help you troubleshoot the problem.____VR____JustAskMe
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Normally for when you connect any device to pc using USB port, windows detects it. Sometime it may take time.
Few initial things you may check....
1) You must have your PDA in ON condition
2) If PDA is not getting connected on port, try connecting to other USB port (assuming that pc normally have more than one USB port)
3) Make sure the cable that you are using between PDA to PC is working properly (normally you can check this by using other cable)
4) If you have intalled some anti virus program on your pc then check the settings of same.
5) last but not least check the settings of window's firewall (part of OS)
If everything of above is fine then either USB ports of pc or of PDA might not be working.
First sorry for my bad english.I have a same PDA (acually its dead :-( ) And me too had this problem.Try moving a little bit your pda on cardle, or (this looks like crazy but actually worked for me) do not fully put in the cardle into pda.I mean dont stick in into cardle, just a little bit.
try syncing through bluetooth, there could be a problem with the cradle. i have had an issue very similar to yours and had to do a soft reset on my pda. then set up your device to use a blue tooth connection( you may need to buy a bluetooth dongle for your pc).