I decided I want to delete some of the ring tones on my v3 I've Bluetoothed from friends. Whenever I tell it to delete some of the ring tones, it exits out to the My Stuff menu. These ring tones are not locked and my phone is no longer under store warranty (it's like five months old.) What do I do to delete them?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Below is the step by step method of how to delete your ringtones in your Motorola V3:
Here is an easier way to delete the ringtones without much hassle.
1) Upload 1 mp3 rintone to your phone via MPT
2) Set ALL ringtones msg, alert etc, absolutely everything for all styles (obviously excl. silent & vibe) to the uploaded MP3
3) switch your phone off, then on again. This will update the .db files.
4) Using P2K, delete all the rintones, except for the MP3 that you uploaded, do not delete the .db files. Also, do not delete the .bas files as these are the base files for Motomixer. Set all reminders to OFF.
do not EVER delete a ringtone that is currently in use by the phone. If you delete it while it is active, You will NOT be able to get into that particular tone setting.
5) Switch your phone off, then on again.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
go into phone settings look for sound open the folder, find phone ring tones, select your options.
now if you have ring tones for friends than you have to go into the database or friends ring tones select regular ring tones.
Goto your address book, click on the contact you wish to add a custom ringtone to. Press the menu key to select "edit contact." Once you are in the edit mode, click the menu button again and select "add custom ringtone. You can click the present ringtone to bring up the browse slection. From there you can find your bluetoothed ringtone.
You have to put the music in my stuff through media player and when you go to setting then profiles click edit on the profile of your choice and where it says ring tone flick through and the ring tone should be there with all the others.
I have a sprint razr and this is what I did. First you go to the menu and click on settings. once you are at settings click on sounds. Then click on volume and scroll down until you get to power on and click on that and from there you can turn off that sound.
unfortunatlely there is no way you cane set a file that exceeds 1 mega bite i know this as i have had the same problem so if it is a full song sorry but there is no way you can set this as a ringtone
yes u can set ring tone what ever you have in phone memory only( if it in sd card u cant set the tone, 1st move the ring tone from sd card to phone memory with format of Mp3... then u can njoy ring tone