Changed printer cartridge for first time. resulting photos appeared a bit green (compared to photos printed with cartridge provided with printer). Removed cartridge - no red ink coming out. thought faulty cartridge- so tried another - same problem. Now printer won't print any red, which does produse great Andy Wahol style prints but no good to show the family! :-)
Think this is a printer problem as won't clear with a new cartridge, but a bit confused as it happened straight after a cartridge change. Read some other faults on forum - they seem to suggest faults after changing cartridges so wondered if anyone has a fix. As this is a stand alone printer (ie don't need a pc) I'm abit lost as can't reload a driver, etc, etc. So I'm thinking perhaps time to get the screwdriver out and try to reset factory settings??? Help anyone!!!?????
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: changed printer cartridge - now won't print red
You have blocked printhead. You need to remove all cartridges, and thoroughly clean printheads, with solution and cotton buds (q tips) until no residue left. Do printers cleaning systems too, print a test page. Never open the unit unless it is absolute last resort. Try the cleaning. Try completely unplugging unit all cords and cables after switching off and replugging. Try printing now.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please next time put the question in the correct category. I still will try to help you.
If your printer does not tell you any cartridge is empty, and it still does not use that colour it could be the nozzles of one cartridge are blocked. Check this by printing a test page, as told in the user manual. Sometimes called an alignment print.
Then check if all colours appear correct. Looks like yellow is not working correct.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
It's possible magenta ink to be finished, or the print head is dirty and it has dry ink on it. You must clean it with hot water. You must use the printer from time to time to avoid to dry the ink cartridge or print head.
Hi Good day!! did you try to print other documents? if yes try to restart your print spooler Click Start- Setting- Control panel- administrative tools- services now you should be on services box find the "Print spooler" click Print spooler and then restart it by click stop and then start reply to me for further assistant if my solution did not work thanks
not a solution, my paper feeds past the point where printer would normally begin. Then flashing light changes from green to red and print operation stops. Printer cartridge appears to be stuck in far right area of cartridge track.
Replaced drivers as above and still have the same problem.
Mine started after I had replaced the color cartridge. Mailed the old one to HP already so can't put in old cartridge.
If I unplug printer from computer, I get same results. Does the driver software install in the printer?