I am on my third phone, ( the first two i had replaced by asurion insurance for the same problem as my current one ) and once again the chargeing port on the phone is coming loose and like the other two phones will probably break completely stopping me from charging my phone. The phone i have now, i recieved as a replacement from asurion and is only two months old and has never received any external damage. Asurion won't replace it without a deductable ( even though it is clear that it was sent to me broken ). Has anyone figured out a way to fix the phone by maybe squirting some glue inside near the charging port or using the data port as a charger, or maybe heard of a consumer recall on the phone?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is not likely a battery issue but is indicative of a phone that has gotten wet or has been infected with a virus or has other software issues. We work on cellular phones and would be willing to look at your phone to see if the phone numbers and pictures can be retrieved. Call 1-800-297-5550 and speak with Debby, 9 - 5, M - F, EST for shipping info. You can also contact Audiovox in NY to arrange for out-of-warranty repairs but they will not save your data as a part of the repairs.
Sounds like it is broken beyond repair. Really only 3 things to try...
1) Remove and replace the battery to see if it somehow resets the electronics. (longshot)
2) Try smacking the phone gently at first and successively harder each time checking to see if it is working again. Doing this might jiggle a loose connection back into place. (again longshot)
3) Butter mom up with a nice card and flowers and tell her that she's the best mom in the world. Then when she's feeling good spring the dead phone on her and tell her all about the new cool iphone that's out.
The 8910 has no sim card - Cdma phones do not operate with a sim card or on gsm networks. The only way to activate this phone is by contacting the carrier/provider you wish to have service (must be cdma also) with and provide the unique serial no. to have them add it on their end. Some imei's cannot be activated because they have been reported as stolen and must be taken with the original receipt back to the vendor to have it unlocked. If this is not possible then the only way around this is to change the imei of the phone to one that is clear (cloning) but this is illegal to do and may disable certain functions of the phone as well.