- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Maybe there's a problem with the power transformer or the power PCB [ Printed circuit board ] . Or it could be just a fuse . You need to check first . If it's the fuse , then that will be easy to solve , you need only to replace it with new one . But if the problem is with the transformer or with the PCB , you need to take your microwave to the service for repairing .
To locate the fuse, remove the outer cabinet of the unit, which is usually held in place with a few screws. Once the outer cabinet is removed, follow the power cord into the unit. It will take you to the fuse holder, where the fuse sits. The fuse holder is located two or three inches into the unit, and may be attached to a power board .
What i will tell you concern only certified technician. do that to your own risk . Unplug the microwave oven, open the cover , then follow the cable from outlet, you will check that cable with meter , if that cable is good , you will see a fuse inside attached to one of the power cable. Check again this with ohmmeter. ...
the button is stuck because of food buildup over the years underneath the button, this happens even to newer ones after about a year of use, new microwaves are cheap and the lower end models start at only $35 from walmart I would reccomend buying a new one, newer microwaves use less power and are more effecient so a new one will pay for itself in saved electricty costs after about 2-3 years of use.
Look in cavity for any burn marks. If burn marks are present sand and paint area. You have to use paint made for microwaves. If no burn marks, Flash coming from magnetron and it would be time to replace. Yes it can be a safety concern, I would not use until fixed.
should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
You can find
helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full
model number from the tag on the oven here.
Here are some links you
or someone you know can use for test help, but read their safety
I had the same problem with mine wich is the same built in Jenn Air jmc7000 after using an ohm meter to check some of the switches I discovered the door swith was bad replace it for about 5 dollars and it works as good as new...Good Luck