Question about Casio Cassiopeia E-100 Pocket PC

1 Answer

Slight E-100 problem

I just got an old E-100 from a friend of mine, and it has a slight problem: it won't turn on. I've done everything I can think of, including a reset, a full reset, and taking both batteries out and putting them back in. When I tried that last one, it actually did turn on, but went off again after about 5 seconds. Do you think it may have something to do with the battery? It didn't tell me the battery was dead when I turned it on. Also, the device does look pretty worn (there are scratches on the screen), so it may just be time to put it out to pasture.

Posted by Joe Rollins on

  • Anonymous May 06, 2009

    I had the same problem... charged battery as normal, replaced backup (CR2032) but still no go. Battery charge light would come on and went off when fully charged 1 hour later. Removed the four screws and opened the case, gently probed a very small screwdriver behind the on/off switch beside the motherboard and presto it started up... Bad contact! Just as well I had a backup!!!



1 Answer


  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 111 Answers

You may need to open the case to see for any bad contact since this unit has been used for such a long time. Another test to check whether the problem is from the battery by plug the unit with the charger without battery.If the unit is on, then definitely, the problem is from battery and yo just simply replace it. But if it is still not on, then I suggest you do the check as I mentioned in the frst sentence above. Good Luck.

Posted on May 09, 2007


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I need to change my email...but it won't let me change it.Like at all...

The problem is not due to your Acer computer. I would create a new account using the email that you want to use and just add all of your family friends through the new account.

Apr 05, 2013 | ooVoo

1 Answer

Microwave won't heat for first minute - starts working normally after that.

The magnetron may be defective. You can replace the magnetron, there is no other possibility.

Jan 16, 2013 | KitchenAid KHMC1857WSS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I just bought the eclipse cld and it won't turn on after charging for hours

If the rechargeable battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out. Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles and will lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% and gradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR The battery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the battery drops off to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to an unacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced. Rechargeable batteries will fail if stored in a discharged state for long periods.

Sep 30, 2012 | Eclipse Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Bobbin won't wind on Singer futura CE-100

My singer hasn't wound bobbins for years and I don't care because I use a Side Winder bobbin winder. It's much easier than takining the thread off the machine anyway. Available from Hancock, Jo Ann or even Wal Mart for about $30.

Sep 09, 2012 | Singer CE-100 Futura Computerized Sewing...

1 Answer

I turned on a wet sony ericsson xperia it vibrated but wouldn't turn on

Yep there's one solution. The problem what most of people do is they turn the device on while is still wet inside. When they do that (as you did), you will burn it as there will be short circuit. If you get your phone wet, NEVER switch it on until it's dry!!!!You should get 100% pure synthetic alcohol and (obviously without battery) put it in there so water will dilute with alcohol and it'll dry quicker without rusting any metal parts inside. You should leave your phone dry naturally up to 7 days on dry warm place(not hot). Phones usually switch off themselves when short circuit detected. So solution for you: put this one in the bin and get new one,you've burned your phone!!!

Nov 27, 2011 | Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Cell Phone

1 Answer

I`ve just bought a new Fender Telecaster Deluxe. When I plug it into my amp there`s a slight hissing hum. When I touch the strings it stops. I`ve tried it through a different amp & changed leads so

you may have a ground loop problem and when you touch the strings you complete the ground loop so the noise dissapears. make sure the amp is plugged into a proper grounded outlet. also there is an aftermarket ground plate that goes under the pick guard. that is what I put on mine to cut the emf way down. if you bought the guitar from a dealer take it back to the store and ask them why you are getting so much noise.

Nov 26, 2011 | Fender American Deluxe Telecaster

1 Answer

Hi my 96 mark 8 i replaced all 4 air bags for coils and struts suspension except my front end now both front wheels dont look even line up you know why ?

Although I have not changed mine out, I did help a friend do his and the first thing we did after completeing the job was to take it in for an alignment, because it didn't look the same to us. The shop we took it to aligned it and adjusted everything the way it should be. At first there was a slight height difference, but as he drove the car and the new springs wore in, the difference went away. I think it was the difference in strength of each coil, when then were new.

Jun 10, 2011 | 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

1 Answer

Dayton 30' pedestal fan will run for an hour or so, seems to run hot.. there is slight burning smell. then fan makes little noise and shuts down.

Whats happening is that your fan is overheating (usually due to a loss of lubrication in the bearings), and the motor's thermal cutoff is kicking in (due to overtemperature), and shutting down the motor.
This thermal cutoff circuit is installed in consumer motors to prevent fires.

You have two solutions:
(1) disassemble your nice 30" pedestal fan (I've done this a few times - any handy guy/gal can do it),
and lubricate (with automotive bearing grease ($3 at any auto parts store), or 3-in-1 oil for those spots that won't take bearing grease) the bearings, and
reassemble. Re-lubricate on a regular schedule to prevent recurrence.
(2) buy a new one. Give your old fan to the kid on the block who thinks he/she can fix anything &
tell him/her it just needs to be lubricated.

May 13, 2011 | Dayton (2C373) Fan

1 Answer

I have a 1985 4x4 manual with a 2.8--It has a slight miss.--I changed plugs wires, cap, rotor.--Still slight miss,I do a lot of hunting.., do u think a weed got in the carb. and plugged something up?, or...

Actually it could be multiple things, I would start with your timing. loosen distributor then turn slowly this will advance or slow down timing That's what was wrong with mine.

Oct 28, 2010 | 1991 Chevrolet S-10

1 Answer

Old Treo 650, with slight deterioration to screen.

I believe that serial numbers are different for everything and that only model numbers stay the same. Most likely, the screen will work.

Jan 20, 2010 | Palm Treo 650 Smartphone

Not finding what you are looking for?
Casio Cassiopeia E-100 Pocket PC Logo

176 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Casio Computers & Internet Experts


Level 3 Expert

8092 Answers

Vincent G
Vincent G

Level 3 Expert

2363 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6242 Answers

Are you a Casio Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides