Printer does not print after change of Printerhead
After changing a new printerhead on my Datamax I-4206 printer nothing seems to be printing. I had checked the cables, had also unplug the cables and replug it in, tried to do quick test but nothing print. Someone please help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Take the print head on and gently tap the nozzles on a paper towel.If you see all the colors and black then unplug the printer after the printhead is out and the carriage travels to the end (capped0
Wait 30 minutes and re-install the head.
This hopefully will make the printer believe it is a fresh unit
Your printer needs a service, in other words the waste ink sponges need to be cleaned and dried. They then need to be replaced and the printer reassembled. Then the Epson counter resetting software needs to be installed.
With this software the printer can be set to zero, it will work perfectly after this bit of attention.
It is a good printer, it's nothing that can't be repaired.
A computer technician will be more than happy to service your printer for you.
Try to check the ink of your printer that they have more ink inside. Or els just check the printerhead of that printer its maybe that was a problem for that. If they could not print at all after this solution just change your printerhead it is because that was the problem. If your printer are using the built-in printerheat from the cartridge just replace the cartridge of what color are did not print but if your using separate printerhead of your cartridge just only replace the printerhead only.
I had the same problem. I removed the cartridges and then the printerhead. I cleaned the printerhead with a piece of cloth and then replaced it and then the cartridges. This seems to have fixed the "wrong cartridge" problem for now. I was told by a friend that if the problem persits, replacing the printerhead may be a more permanent solution, but no guarantee.
The way you can do this is to use Datamax fonts in your LabelMatrix program instead of truetype fonts like arial or times new roman. After making this change, do a test print and see if print improves. Another possible solution is use USB instead of Parallel cable (if you're not using it already).