Question about Philips 28PW6506 28" TV
This sounds like one of the capacitors has dried out. They are metal cylinders containing 2 rolled up strips of foil separated by a gel. Over time the gel can dry out an eventually the strips of foil touch creating a short circuit. A TV repair shop should be able to replace the faulty component relatively easily. I wouldn't recommend trying to do this yourself unless you are very confident you know what you are doing, the voltages present in a CRT TV are very dangerous.
Posted on Apr 24, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: