I have a new phone Nokia 6165i and want to load 450 out of the 957 contacts i have in Outlook 2002 on to the new phone.
The phone only holds 500 contacts. Nokia have software called PC Suite which comes on a disk with the phone but I would have to load every contact myself to use it.
Has anyone in the world done a program that would allow you to pick say 450 contacts out of Outlook and send them to Nokia PC Suite. This would then allow you to easily load them on to your new phone. The new Nokia connects to my PC by USB cable.
Re: moving contacts from outlook to a mobile phone
1. Go to Outlook and save your 957 contacts in
an outlook file.
2. Delete the 507 contacts you don't want to synchronize to your phone and save your outlook
under a different file name (e.g. Addr450).
3. Connect the phone to the PC.
4. Open Nokia PC Sync.
5. In the Nokia PC Sync dialog, click Synchronise Now. The Create Settings wizard opens.
6. On the first page of the wizard, select the PIM application you want to synchronise the phone with from the drop-down list. You can choose Outlook Express, Outlook 2000, outlook 2002 or Outlook 2003 as your PIM. Follow the instructions on screen to finish the wizard process.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This type of errors occur when you jailbreak your set, if you want to copy your contacts from the sim try with another Sim in your phone, if it gives error with all Sims, then you can copy your contacts in the Outlook and then synchronize your contacts with iPhone,
To copy your contacts to outlook, take any nokia phone capable of connecting with usb to computer and nokia pc suite, make your contacts syncronize with outlook firstly from nokia,
when you got your contacts in outlook , connect your iphone 3g with computer, and itunes will show you your set, then go to info and sync contacts with outlook, click on apply and then sync, all of your contacts will be sync and you will see the contacts in iphone,
If you require more assistance regarding this, feel free to reply to this post
This can be done in a few ways: synchronizing with Outlook/Lotus Notes, via SIM card or sending the contacts manually as vCard files. I've recently bought a Sony Ericsson Elm and wanted to transfer contacts from my old Nokia 6233. Take a look at my solution here: http://gsmdna.net/sony-ericsson/how-to-transfer-contacts-from-nokia-to-sony-ericsson/
I transferred all the contact names from Nokia N73 to Blackberry Bold 9000 using this method:
1- Fire up the Nokia PC Suite and synchronize to Outlook from Nokia (this will send all contacts from Nokia to Outlook.
2-Fire up the Blackberry Desktop Manager and synchronize from there and this will take the information from Outlook to the BB.