I have a problem with my camera. When I turn it on to view pictures, or even record images, I get a message on the screen saying "This card is locked". I know its not full, there are only a few pictures on it, so what could be causing this problem??
Thanks for any help.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Memory card problem
On SD cards, there is a tiny sliding switch on the card itself, which "locks" the card, preventing files from being added or removed.
Try removing the card, and checking this little slide switch.
In this photo...
...the lock is the yellow bit on the left-hand side.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Problem with selected image
Use photo retouch software, etc. to view the image on a computer. If the image still cannot be viewed, the image file is corrupted.
But try this. Switch of the camera, remove the battery and memory card. Check if all contacts are clean and shiny. On the battery, on the memory card and in the camera. Then replace the battery and memory card and switch on.
I hope this solves the problem.
Check the SD card, they have sliders on them which lets you "lock" the card so nothing can be put on or taken off of it. Make sure that is off. Then go through the menu on the camera and try to format the card again. If the card is bad it should give you an error message when it tries otherwise you should be good :)
No this camera does not have any internal memory. All images should be written to the memory card if the memory card is inserted properly. If the memory card is not inserted correctly the camera screen will show a message of No card. Do you see that message?
Hello, I went and researched a few points in the manual and hope this helps to some extent. If this doesn't help, try resetting your camera by removing the batteries for 30 seconds, then reinstalling them and turning on the camera again.
Monitor is blank: • Camera is off. • Batteries are not correctly inserted or battery-chamber cover is not properly latched. • Batteries are exhausted. • EH-62B AC adapter (available separately) is not properly connected. • Camera is in sleep mode. Press shutter-release button halfway. • Monitor is off. • USB cable is connected. • AV/Video cable is connected
No picture is taken when shutter release button is pressed:
• Camera is in playback mode. • Batteries are exhausted. • Red (!) lamp flickers: flash is charging. • Green (AF) lamp flickers: camera unable to focus. • Message "CARD IS NOT FORMATTED" appears in monitor: memory card is not formatted for use in your camera. • Message "OUT OF MEMORY" appears in monitor: insufficient memory to record picture at current Image mode setting.
Usually the only time this message will appear is when you have taken the picture with another camera and try to review it on another. If this is not the issue, try formatting your card. Try another card. It may be a faulty memory card. If none of this works, call Canon tech support for free support.
They should be accessible by removing the memory card (if present) and powering up the camera. You should be able to view them using the playback icon (arrow). Access to erasing them should then be through the menu.
Recording Still images To The Memory Stick
M.REC mode (Memory RECORD mode)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD.
2. Set the power switch to CAMERA.
3. Press the PHOTO button.
The still image is recorded to the Memory Card.
To View photos on the Memory Card
M.PLAY mode (Memory PLAYBACK mode)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER.
The last recorded image appears. If there are no recorded images on the Memory Card, NO STORED PHOTO! or NO STORED MPEG4! will display on the screen.
3. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the desired still image.
* To view the next image : press the (FWD) button.
* To view the previous image : press the (REV) button.
* Pressing (FWD) when you are on the last image will take you to the first image and pressing (REV) when you are on the first image will take you to the last image.
* Keep pressing (FWD) or (REV) to search for an image quickly.