Whirlpool MH1150XM Convection/Microwave Oven Logo

Question about Whirlpool MH1150XM Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave Hood/Combo My microwave stopped working and I believe it happened when the light below the oven went out. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. The keypad works and beeps when numbers are pressed. The clock and timer work. I have called I have called the company and gone through their troubeshooting recommendations with no luck. I don't know what else to do and will have to buy a new one soon since our house is for sale. Any suggestions? I have a Whirpool Model MH1150XMB-0. Thanks

Posted by Julie Fuhrer on


1 Answer

William Miller

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Whirlpool Master
  • 9,179 Answers

This is a common problem with the control panel assembly, which we repair nationwide for $39.95. This is most often caused by not disconnecting the microwave from the power line when removing or installing a bulb or by the filaments shorting when the bulb blows. If you or a friend decide to disassemble it to send the control panel in for repair, we have *critical* safety & disassembly, info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams by entering your full model number (without the suffix) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383

Posted on Apr 23, 2007


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


I have a GE Profile Convection Oven/Microwave Combo and the Microwave has absolutely no power after replacing the outer control panel.

The turntable should have it's own fuse to protect the motor and best to check this seeing that all else turns on

I have a KitchenAid 2004 Microwave (Microwave hood combo). I was heating up some water....there was a snap...a puff a smoke and then everything went out on the microwave -- no lights, no numbers, no...

Hello & Welcome to FixYa

The problem is with the fuse or the high voltage transformer that is bad and needs replacement. Replacing the fuse will cost you under $100 from a professional and getting the transformer replaced will cost you around $200. As the unit has very high voltage inside so we don't recommend that this should be done by the user. Please get back to me if you have any other questions.



The range-top light blew and now replacement bulbs

My Whirlpool/Roper microwave/hood combo has the same problem. I replaced the bulb twice, checked the bulb and it works, but not in the microwave. I wrote to Whirlpool asking about the problem. Haven't heard from them yet.

Maytag Over the oven microwave

is the turntable working
Not finding what you are looking for?


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Experts

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2343 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6526 Answers


Level 2 Expert

122 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides