If paper is jammed, a Paper jam
message will appear on the control panel display.
Follow these steps to clear the jam:
- Gently pull any jammed paper out of the output tray or sheet feeder.
- If the paper is stuck inside, turn off the Epson Stylus CX.
- Open the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, close the scanner, and turn the Epson Stylus CX back on.
Be sure to check the far left of the carriage area when checking for jammed paper. Paper that is jammed there may be hidden from view.
If paper jams inside the Automatic Document Feeder, clear the jam as follows:
- Open the Automatic Document Feeder cover and remove any jammed paper.
- If necessary, lift the document cover and remove any paper that has jammed inside.
- Press OK to clear any messages on the display screen.