I bought GE microwave in US and using in INdia.I first started the microwave the fuse gone up.After i bought a 220 to 110 voltage converter and started for the second time.All display,light, timer works but when i start time cook it starts and stops within fraction of second.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: New microwave not starting
Chances are the oven is designed for 60HZ and your supply is 50Hz.
This will cause the unit to shut down because it thinks it is not getting the proper "interrupt" signal from the power line.
You can check the owner's manual (or model number tag) and the manual for the converter.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You might have a problem with one of the micro-switches in the door sequence. If one of the micro-switches has gone bad, it usually causes a short and that is what blows the fuse. If you have access to a meter, you can check the continuity of each switch and figure out which one is bad and replace it. Just remember to unplug your microwave before attempting any repairs. Usually, there are 3 switches and 2 of them usually are normally open switches and the 3rd is a normally closed switch. Hope this helps!
The fuse is there to protect your home in case something has gone wrong inside your microwave. Since the fuse has blown twice, you can safely assume that there is something wrong inside. It may be fixable, it may not be economic to fix it. Impossible to troubleshoot electronics without the unit and test equipment.
The problem of shutting down after 29 seconds is due to a defect in either the magnetron or the inverter.
It will need service, preferably by a professional due to the lethal voltages inside.
You should be able to find a servicer at the Indian site: http://nationalpanasonicindia.com