Question about Timex Triathlon® 8Lap 62951 Wrist Watch
Posted by Anonymous on
The Timex Ironman manual and website says to take the watch to a repair facility. Nope! Do it yourself!
How to replace the battery in a Timex Ironman watch:
This is easier if you remove one of the rubbery wrist bands.
1. Take note of the position of the metal back cover. You'll need to reinstall it exactly as you see it in order to hear the alarm.
2. Remove the four screws that hold the metal back cover, and pry off the cover.
3. There is a round metal clip that holds the battery in place, covered with a transparent plastic cover which likely says, "Unlatch to remove battery". Within the center of each clip, there's a small opening just large enough for a straight pin to be inserted. A jewelers screwdrive won't work - use a straight pin. Insert a straight pin into the tiny opening at the edge of the clip, and wiggle it. The clip should release. You'll only need to unlatch one side of the battery retaining ring.
4. Gently pry up the batter retaining clip, then pry up the battery. Insert new battery.
5. Replace the clip.
6. Insert a flat blade screwdriver into a slot which has two "electrodes" or pins - they need to be shorted with the screwdriver to reset the watch. Just touch the screwdriver blade across the two pins to short it.
7. Reinstall the back cover but be sure to position the cover so the alarm sounding place ( a small disc attached to the inside back cover) will reside over the sounding spring.
8. Insert screws.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
You have lost the coilspring wich connects the watch mechanics with the speaker integrated in watch caseback. This is why you do not hear any sound but still can see the icon.
Check the area where you made the battery replacement very carefully- you may find that tiny spring. Use the magnet if necessary.
If you can not find it, go to the nearest watchmakers shop and ask to supply the new coilspring.
Do not forget to rate, please.
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
Follow this link and download usars manual for your watch:
Use ZOOM tool as the writings are tiny.
Do not forget to rate, please.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
First look for the set button then press it ,a long press and If it is blinking that's the time you to select the hour ,the minutes,the day/date,the alarms and the special features of your watch.The right button the up and down or for scrolling.Try all of this so your time will set.
Hope it may help you;
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2015 | Timex T5K018 Ironman Triathlon 30 Lap Flix...
Sep 09, 2013 | Timex Watches
Jun 03, 2011 | Timex Ironman Triathlon Bodylink Watches
Sep 01, 2010 | Timex Ironman Triathlon 50 Lap Digital...
Jan 09, 2010 | Timex Ironman Triathlon 50 Lap Digital...
Jul 29, 2009 | Timex Ironman Triathlon 50 Lap Digital...
Jul 08, 2009 | Timex Ironman Triathlon 50 Lap Digital...
Mar 09, 2009 | Timex Sports Ironman Triathlon 100-Lap...
Feb 24, 2009 | Timex Sports Ironman Triathlon 100-Lap...
Sep 04, 2007 | Timex Triathlon® 8Lap 62951 Wrist...
588 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: