We have a Canon MP830 all-in-one. We've had it for a year now. It has wiorked fine. Now it will not power up. I've tested the outlet it is attached to and it is live. I've also disconnected it from both the power and the computer and reconnected them. Still the machine is dead.
Same thing happen to me. There was a lightning storm on Saturday night so, even though I have a surge protector, I assume my MP830 took a surge.
HERE IS THE SOLUTION! If you unplug the printer (pull the plug!) for at least 20 minutes (which lets the system discharge) then plug it back in, the system is allowed to reset and will fire back up when you press the power button.
I know the above post is an old one, but I'm hoping this will help other searchers like me.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unfortunately these are considered disposable printers. If it won't power on at all even in a known good power outlet there isn't much you can do as the cost to repair it out of warranty would cost more than to simply replace it.
Other than checking the power outlet and the power cable nothing else to do.
If you encounter "Error Code 5B00" it means that the Printer Counter Protection is Full and it required a reset and Ink wastepad replacement, if you want your printer to work again. There are two ways to reset the Canon MP830 printer, One is by using a Software tool and the other is manually resetting the EEPROM of the printer. Below is the step by step procedure on how to reset your Canon printer.
1. Using Mptool Software to reset Canon MP830 Printer Turn of printer then run mptool software this software automatically detect the printer. Click reset main and reset platen button in the waste ink counter section. If you want to reset the cartridge ink level, click reset black and reset color in the ink counter section.
2. Manual Reset of the printer Turn off the Printers. Press and Hold the button Resume/Cancel then press POWER button. Release the Resume/Cancel button while keeping POWER button on press. Press Resume/Cancel 2 times and then release all the buttons. When the indicator recorded GREEN - click Resume/Cancel 4 times! Turn off and On the Canon Pixma MP Printers. And your done.