An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: lexmark x4270 colour printer
Did you remove the the tape covering the contacts? Of course you did. Re-install new cartridge. Open the lexmark all-in-one center software and in the top left corner the third option is "Maintain/Troubleshoot". Click on "Maintain or fix quality Problems". Click on "install new print cartridge" and follow the instruction.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi there You can try this but it lots to do but may help
This message may be resolved by resetting the unit. Please follow these steps:
1. With the printer powered on, open the cover. The ink will move to the left hand side.
2. Push down on the end of the black cartridge. A clicking noise will be heard.
3. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
4. Push down on the end of the colour cartridge. A clicking noise will be heard.
5. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
6. Once both cartridges are removed, unplug the power to the printer (without turning it off).
7. Reconnect the power cord.
8. Turn on the printer.
9. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the left hand side.
10. Make sure the orange cap is off of the bottom of the black cartridge.
11. Place the black cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
12. Slide the black cartridge back until is cannot go back any further.
13. Push up on the end of the black cartridge, a clicking noise should be heard.
14. Make sure the orange cap is off of the bottom of the colour cartridge.
15. Place the colour cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
16 Slide the colour cartridge back until is cannot go back any further.
17. Push up on the end of the colour cartridge, a clicking noise should be heard.
Please note that the colour cartridge will stick out further than the black cartridge.
Close the cover. The printer should make some noise for a few moments, and then return to standby.
If the message persists, to clear the low ink-warning message, press and hold down the button for at five seconds, and then release it. This will disable the ink detection until that cartridge has been replaced.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
The message that persists in saying to "replace black cartridge" could be due to a defective cartridge chip. The chip maintains counts and tells the printer when a new cartridge is installed. If you cartridge is remanufactured, they may have neglected to install a new chip.
Regarding the new fuser not working, I'll have to get back to you on that.
I think Cartridge is exhausted .. or less fit the cartridge in place. I recommend ... Cartridge is to check .. if already in place .. or not ..
if not. please pas on the location of a place .. if need to clean the
cartridge .. then .. pull the power the printer .. and then .. pairs
again .. I hope you can help.
It mean that the black cartridge is not recognised. It the black cart is original or compatible? Some printer won't recognise cartridge, if the black and colour is not same type. Try to install the black only. Is it recognised?
in the printer driver there is a option that whenever you install a new cartridge it has to be reset otherwise it shows the message the above you quoted. one more option is there that is change the chip of yellow cartridge and black, after doing this please whip circuits of the cartridge and printer carriage block before installing the cartridge