I can't download any new songs to the MP3 player. I go
into the gigabeat room, can syncronize the folder but it doesn't allow me to transfer the files to the gigabeat. What am I missing? I have refreshed the files, but still nothing... I'm sure its something I am doing wrong but don't know what.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error usually happens when the firmware has been corrupted or deleted. The easiest way to correct this is by updating the firmware. You may also try to restore the firmware data by following the steps below.
1. Connect the gigabeat to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Start Explorer on the PC.
3. Open the folder in which the gigabeat room is installed. --> The folder in which the gigabeat room is installed can be opened by clicking [Start] [All Programs] [TOSHIBA gigabeat room 2.0] [gigabeat room 2.0 Program Folder]. Usually, the folder will be found in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\gigabeat room 2.0.
4. If you can't find the folder, please go inside the gigabeat then click on [tools], [folder option], go to [view tab] then select [show hidden files and folders].
5. Now, inside the gigabeat root, copy a folder named "GBSYSTEM" located in the folder that was opened in Step 3.
6. Use "Safely Remove Hardware" and disconnect the gigabeat.
A system error indicates a possible software or firmware problem. If the unit is in warranty, contact Toshiba about a software upgrade (possible). If it is out of warranty, the cost of repair is likely more than a new unit.
A system error can be caused by moisture (#1), physical damage (#2) and a possible software update issue. Your Toshiba Gigabeat Room software for your computer may be able to get upgrades for your MEG-F10K. Check the owner's manual. If you cannot connect to the unit with the computer to transfer songs and movies, it is likely not repairable for a reasonable cost.
I've got the install CD that has gigabeat room 2.02 - US version. if someone wants it - email me the request and I'll email a zip of the whole CD. it's only 29 MB (kelly . piper . cherokee at gmail . com) remove spaces...
the solution is simple. Simply Run both Gigabeat watcher and giga-room programs as administrator if u have windows vista.
How to do this :
Click on start in the taskbar at the bottom right of your screen,
then click on all programs,
then click on the Toshiba Gigaroom Folder,
then right click Gigabeat watcher and click on "Run as Administrator"
then right click "Gigaroom" and click on Run as Administrator
and then look in the bottom right of the taskbar, the little Gigabeat watcher symbol should be there with a green square instead of grey. If its green then it means Vista has recognised your gigabeat and u can now transfer music to it via gigaroom. i hope this helps people as i was on the verge of buying XP myself again... Peace all and HAPPY GIGABEATIN!