Everytime i plug my sandisk or m2 adaptor into my computer,
it does not work at all, a little green light comes on but nothing else.
do i need a programme? can you tell me why i wasted my money on
buying this **** that doesnt work with my p.c.
I got the c140 for Christmas as a present from my girlfriend... and after I left it on my computer desk for about a month...and then picked it back up again. It simply will not turn on unless it is hooked up to my computer... Although this was a great gift at the time...and I do appreciate it... this product is terrible. Anything that breaks, without abuse, makes for a very dissapointed consumer. I miss my rio sp250... perhaps I will look into purchasing one of those again...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can update the firmware. This will return your device to factory settings and fix any internal errors. All your current content will be deleted.
Download this file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0mc3km
This is the firmware update utility for Sanca c140 (c100 series) devices.
There is a howto.txt file included, follow the instructions.I am posting the instructions here for convenience.
1. Download the attached file and save it on the desktop. (the player should not be attached to the computer at this point) 2. Double click the file to run it. 3. Accept the license agreement. 4. Remove the battery from the mp3 player. 5. Press and hold the center (select) button and connect it to the computer (keep holding the button, this is the firmware update mode). 6. If the New Hardware Wizard appears (now you can let go of the select button), do the following: (if asked, choose not to connect to the internet for updates), then choose to install the device automatically, then follow the prompts to finish the installation. 7. When the wizard comes up, or when the Update button becomes active (whichever happens first), you may release the select button. 8. Click the Update button, and then click OK to the message that comes up. 9. Wait until the upgrade finishes, then unplug the device. 10. Put the battery back in, and turn on the player. 11. Hopefully the update will be performed, then choose English for the language when prompted. 12. Check if the issue is resolved.
I had the same problem, first on the mp3 player under settings change the USB setting to MSC. Then plug the mp3 player back into the computer. Open the My Computer icon, right click on the SANSA C140 icon and click format. Make sure it's Fat32 and Quick Format is Not selected. Then click format. This will take a few minutes. When it's done your mp3 player will be just like a usb drive; you're files will be read normally.
* if it's a voice recording you're trying to find, look under music and scroll down to Recordings. If it's not there then perform the above format.
Also it only reads mp3s and pictures (gifs, jpgs). Unfortunately the c140 doesn't play videos :(
You need to Have Windows XP / SP2, Wndows Media Player 10 or higher in order for the device to be recognized.
If you have these components, try changing the mode on the device to MSC Mode. Settings>Mode>MSC.
Best of Luck.